PDA

View Full Version : New wheels need coating!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

spiralout462
03-02-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm back to the detailing forums after a brief hiatus. I received new wheels today! TRD FJ SE Anthracite alloys.
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh513/shotwellbrian/trd%20wheel2_zpsyrc7vryy.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/shotwellbrian/media/trd%20wheel2_zpsyrc7vryy.jpg.html)

I am planning on coating them thoroughly before I even mount tires on them. I have a myriad of sealants and waxes but I feel like I want a coating on them since they are brand new, never installed.

I am considering CarPro CQuartz, DP Wheel Coating, Pinnacle, or Duragloss.

Which coating on the market these days should give me the longest lasting, most durable protection.

I know it's been asked many times I'm just looking for the most up to date opinions. Thanks so much for your time!Feed back please

geekdout
03-02-2015, 08:52 PM
I wanted to get them for my Taco. Those wheels look like they would be awful to clean if they were uncoated.

Regardless of what coating you go with make you take them to a good tire shop.

MarkD51
03-02-2015, 09:06 PM
I went with Carpro CQuartz UK on my 22" Chrome Factory Repro Wheels. Some have said Carpro CQuartz DLX is supposed to be an even better choice, better high heat abilities-resistance they say.

I agree, find the most durable product will be a wise choice, and money well spent. You might get other suggestions on coating products such as Optimum, or GTehniq, etc. They too will no doubt be better at protecting versus any more conventional wax, or sealant IMO. 32779

Detail-Impressions
03-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Maybe look into this product? CQuartz Dlux Plastic & Rubber Coating (SKY Kit)
I had excellent result with the product on Toyota Wheels
Hope this helps you, sir

03-02-2015, 09:53 PM
UK on mine, love it!

Mask
03-02-2015, 10:53 PM
may use any reputable brand coating and i won't hesitate to put multiples coat on the new wheels :)

Regards

PA DETAILER
03-03-2015, 07:33 AM
I have had great luck with the DP WHEEL COATING. Lasts several months!

spiralout462
03-03-2015, 08:32 AM
I have had great luck with the DP WHEEL COATING. Lasts several months!

This is where I'm leaning today. Thanks!

:xyxthumbs:

The Critic
03-03-2015, 11:20 PM
Pay a pro and have the wheels coated with Opti-Coat Pro. Wheels see harsh conditions and lots of chemicals, so you want the most chemical resistant coating out there.

As an alternative you can try CQuartz DLUX.

spiralout462
03-04-2015, 10:40 AM
I would have to drive at least three hours to the nearest OC Pro installer!

Today I'm taking a hard look at CQuartz UK. I think I will coat the wheels and my roof. My question now is, is Reload really necessary? I've always been skeptical about the whole......."you have to use product x to maintain this coating!"..

slicksierra
03-04-2015, 10:46 AM
I would have to drive at least three hours to the nearest OC Pro installer!

Today I'm taking a hard look at CQuartz UK. I think I will coat the wheels and my roof. My question now is, is Reload really necessary? I've always been skeptical about the whole......."you have to use product x to maintain this coating!"..

Nope I don't think its necessary, just a potential "topper"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

03-04-2015, 11:42 AM
:iagree: As long as you're not exposing UK to the elements and water in the first 12-24hrs, no need for Reload...now if you want that added slickness then yes :props:

MarkD51
03-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Some say that Reload is not necessary, and perhaps isn't if you can give the CQuartz some ample time to cure. How long a time is that? I have read that it can take a week for full cure. But perhaps best to ask Corey at Carpro.

I am unsure myself if one uses the coating, and then subjects the coating to water only 24-48 hours later, will all then still be OK?

I used Reload on both my new wheels, and my Truck about a hour or so after coating application. I understand that this is a "minimum" time allotment, that should no moisture be encountered, one can wait many hours to days after for the Reload Application.

I'm under the belief that should you choose to use Reload after a minimum of at least one hour cure time, that the Reload will not pose a detriment to the coating, or it's longevity. That it is a product which will protect CQuartz to establish full cure without possible water spotting occurring.

spiralout462
03-04-2015, 01:37 PM
I have the luxury of coating my wheels indoors, off the truck. I plan on coating them before I even mount tires. I can let them cure for months if need be. If I had that kind of patience of course. :)

Mark: Do you still have CQuartz UK on your wheels? How long has it been?

03-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Too bad you can't get your hands on some OC2