PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Flash Player need help

Don M
03-02-2015, 02:02 PM
To start off with, my wife is the computer person in the house and I am only the loose nut behind the keyboard.

The issue is the Adobe Flash Player. It shows up on the computer as being installed and running, but anytime either of us goes to most websites, the banner on the bottom of the screen appears asking if it's OK to run AFP. If we click 'yes,' the screen refreshes, but nothing happens.

The wife has done everything she knows how to do, including going to the Adobe home page and trying to fix it using their suggestions. Well she followed their instructions and you guessed it, nothing changed. She tried one suggestion and she saw that immediately the program tried to install 5 other unrelated programs and she was able to catch that any prevent any further damage.

It's getting pretty annoying not being able to see the vids that are posted here and on other sites and having that banner popping up all the time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ryandamartini
03-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Make sure it is installed for your web browser. Firefox and Chrome for example may require a separate installation from Internet Explorer.

Don M
03-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Make sure it is installed for your web browser. Firefox and Chrome for example may require a separate installation from Internet Explorer.

My IT person (the Wife) will only let us use IE, she doesn't like Fire Fox and hates Chrome

SameGuy
03-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Lol

FUNX650
03-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Mean.

Bob

KMdef9
03-02-2015, 02:54 PM
My IT person (the Wife) will only let us use IE, she doesn't like Fire Fox and hates Chrome

There in lies the problem...

http://ellisbenus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/IE-Best-Browser-to-Download-a-Good-Browser.jpg

ryandamartini
03-02-2015, 03:05 PM

I'd tell her that if she values your ability to keep financial information private along with passwords, usernames, and any other tidbits to immediately change to Firefox or Chrome.

I am a COMPTIA A+ certified tech since I was 16 now 26 and went to school for computer hardware engineering. I would get away from IE if at all possible.

IE is always the problem..

MarkD51
03-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Did you try going to tools, disabling active-x filtering, and ensuring shockwave flash player is enabled?

swanicyouth
03-02-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm prolly going to piss off a lot of people, but I always had these type of mysterious issues until I got a Mac. Now, 1 browser & everything just works right.

ryandamartini
03-02-2015, 04:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HijJMDD.jpg