PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss users - info needed

Pages : [1] 2 3

Stegs
03-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Ok guys, been doing alot of reading on here about duragloss

Im a chemical guys user, but ive read great stuff on duragloss (both wash 901?) and wax

Anyway, thinking about ordering some soap and getting a wax, but i dont know what to order

I have a black truck, i want something with a great shine but beads water like crazy....

what do you guys suggest.....or should i look at collinite? 845?

again, sorry i new to this.....chemical guys always worked and i have no issues with them....but if i can get a better performing product for less...

Feed back please

kb2ehj
03-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Duragloss is some good stuff.

I use their 901 all the time. I also use their "NuGlass" glass polish and sometimes the rain repellant.

Lots of people here use the 901 product with great success.

If your going to get Duragloss products I'd suggest ordering it direct from them or picking it up local. Most CarQuest stores carry it and you can search their web site for other stores that carry it. Ordering it directly will save you a TON of money on shipping because they charge a flat $5 I think for whatever you buy. (I'm lucky enough they are only 15 miles from my house so I can drive over whenever I want and pick stuff up.

glfnaz
03-02-2015, 10:21 AM
The TPP #105 with the #601 bonding agent is fantastic. The 105 is 16 oz for about 11-12 dollars.

My favorite products are:
Rain Repel--751
Aqua wax --951
Fast Clean and Shine --921

MarkD51
03-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Both the Duragloss products and Collinte are both great, and relatively inexpensive. You cannot go wrong with either.

As I understand it, #501, #105, and #111 are actually poly sealants, not waxes. Collinite #845 is said to be a hybrid, a combo of both sealants and waxes.

Which of the two do I personally like better? Collinite. For what they cost, won't be a mistake having all above that I mention on hand, I do.

As for all other duragloss products, all are excellent. Besides many of their products that I have on hand (in smaller quantities), I will from now on be keeping stock of both DG Aquawax, and their 901 Shampoo in gallons. Both are definite keepers IMO.

Stegs
03-02-2015, 11:33 AM
great info guys...

i have a car quest not far from my house, maybe 4-5 miles...

maybe i will to to stop in and buy a small thing of soap to try

:dblthumb2:

glfnaz
03-02-2015, 11:56 AM
In my neighborhood, Car Quest stores do not all stock all of the items from Duragloss but can order them out of their warehouse. I call my local store and they bring the items in for me.

kb2ehj
03-02-2015, 12:29 PM
great info guys...

maybe i will to to stop in and buy a small thing of soap to try

:dblthumb2:

Don't waste your time with the smaller quantity, get the gallon size.....trust us all......it's that good. Besides buying in gallons is cheaper overall.

Stegs
03-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Don't waste your time with the smaller quantity, get the gallon size.....trust us all......it's that good. Besides buying in gallons is cheaper overall.

well i have 2 gallons of chemical guys and 1 gallon of car brite to use up

My foam cannon should be there when i get home today, so no doubt i will be foaming everything , but i have ALOT of soap to use yet....

No need for a gallon at this time, but i do want to try the small bottle to see how it works!

Is it wierd that i get excited to buy car detailing supplies....i cant walk down a car cleaning isle at any store without looking for a "good amount of time"

Edit : just watched a few youtube videos of collinite 845.......OMG! that is insane!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pvOH5fqnE

Stegs
03-02-2015, 01:15 PM
well i have 2 gallons of chemical guys and 1 gallon of car brite to use up

My foam cannon should be there when i get home today, so no doubt i will be foaming everything , but i have ALOT of soap to use yet....

No need for a gallon at this time, but i do want to try the small bottle to see how it works!

Is it wierd that i get excited to buy car detailing supplies....i cant walk down a car cleaning isle at any store without looking for a "good amount of time"

Edit : just watched a few youtube videos of collinite 845.......OMG! that is insane!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pvOH5fqnE

Edit again : i just ordered some collonite wax thru AG. My first purchase thru this forum/company!

cant fricken wait to try that wax....the videos i watched....this stuff is just sick! :dblthumb2:

ryandamartini
03-02-2015, 02:10 PM
105 with the bonding agent is awesome! Aquawax is awesome. So is their soap. Most of the line is pretty great for the price!

MarkD51
03-02-2015, 03:54 PM

Edit again : i just ordered some collonite wax thru AG. My first purchase thru this forum/company!

cant fricken wait to try that wax....the videos i watched....this stuff is just sick! :dblthumb2:

I hate pulling out a cliché, but Collinite is definitely the bomb!

I do truly believe that with the aid of using Collinte products for so many years on my white 1997 Tahoe, that these products helped considerably to protect the paint for so many years, that the finish looks as good as a new vehicle. Of course I know how to maintain a finish.

While I have Collinite Fleetwax, 915, and 845 on hand and have used them for years, the one that was used most on my truck was #476 Super Doublecoat Wax. It is reportedly the most durable of all Collinite Waxes. #845 is no slouch though, easier to apply than #476, does last a long time, and like their Pastes, a little goes a long way.

rwright
03-02-2015, 07:14 PM
What are your goals with the truck? Do you plan to polish the paint to remove swirls or are you just looking to add depth and protection without removing paint?

HateSwirls
03-02-2015, 07:26 PM
I really love the Duragloss 601 and 105.
One two punch, great combo, all at a great cost.

rwright
03-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Ok guys, been doing alot of reading on here about duragloss...

Anyway, thinking about ordering some soap and getting a wax, but i dont know what to order

I have a black truck, i want something with a great shine but beads water like crazy....

Based on this post without receiving additional info from my previous post:

901 Car Wash Concentrate is an excellent choice no matter how you look at it.

105 TPP - Contains cleaners to remove embedded dirt, leaves behind excellent protection without the bonding agent, provides beading and sheeting action, nice wet look added to the paint

111 CCP - Pure sealant, no cleaners, best to prep surface with bonding agent to clean paint pores and promote bonding (can use Squeaky Clean to clean paint), leaves a candy coated wet look to the paint

671 SMR - Contains abrasives and waxes to remove swirls and leave protection (think all in one), beads like you would expect a wax to do, work in small sections

652 PC-No 2 - Contains abrasives to remove oxidation, swirls, and water spots, does not contain protection so top with LSP of choice

501 Marine Polish - Contains cleaners to deep clean paint, leaves behind excellent protection, will remove minor defects on soft paint, makes metal flake pop, can be used as a base for 105 or 111, allow 12 hours cure time if not using polish bonding agent

601 PBA - Polish bonding agent cleans paint and preps/promotes faster bonding of 105/111/501, apply to paint and allow to haze before applying 105/111/501, or mix 1 part PBA to 4 parts 105 or 111 or 501 in a bottle then apply to entire paint

Use 901 Car Wash Concentrate or 931 Rinseless Wash w/ Aquawax to maintain
Top up 1-2 times monthly with 951 Aquawax in increase durability and gloss

Hope this helps a little :)

glfnaz
03-02-2015, 08:25 PM
Based on this post without receiving additional info from my previous post:

901 Car Wash Concentrate is an excellent choice no matter how you look at it.

105 TPP - Contains cleaners to remove embedded dirt, leaves behind excellent protection without the bonding agent, provides beading and sheeting action, nice wet look added to the paint

111 CCP - Pure sealant, no cleaners, best to prep surface with bonding agent to clean paint pores and promote bonding (can use Squeaky Clean to clean paint), leaves a candy coated wet look to the paint

671 SMR - Contains abrasives and waxes to remove swirls and leave protection (think all in one), beads like you would expect a wax to do, work in small sections

652 PC-No 2 - Contains abrasives to remove oxidation, swirls, and water spots, does not contain protection so top with LSP of choice

501 Marine Polish - Contains cleaners to deep clean paint, leaves behind excellent protection, will remove minor defects on soft paint, makes metal flake pop, can be used as a base for 105 or 111, allow 12 hours cure time if not using polish bonding agent

601 PBA - Polish bonding agent cleans paint and preps/promotes faster bonding of 105/111/501, apply to paint and allow to haze before applying 105/111/501, or mix 1 part PBA to 4 parts 105 or 111 or 501 in a bottle then apply to entire paint

Use 901 Car Wash Concentrate or 931 Rinseless Wash w/ Aquawax to maintain
Top up 1-2 times monthly with 951 Aquawax in increase durability and gloss

Hope this helps a little :)

You forgot Rain Repel for the glass. Maybe my favorite DG product. (smiley face)