PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Glaze vs Klasse HGSG

Pages : [1] 2

AustrianOak82
03-02-2015, 07:09 AM
I have some new wheels on order. I planned on putting a few coats of Klasse on them before they get mounted and then I came across wheel glaze the other day. What's the difference in the wheel glaze vs a sealant like Klasse? Also, the wheel glaze said it only lasts about a week, which seemed very short. I feel like I could put a few coats of Klasse on them and get the same effect for a longer period of time.

sunday joe
03-02-2015, 07:17 AM
I have some new wheels on order. I planned on putting a few coats of Klasse on them before they get mounted and then I came across wheel glaze the other day. What's the difference in the wheel glaze vs a sealant like Klasse? Also, the wheel glaze said it only lasts about a week, which seemed very short. I feel like I could put a few coats of Klasse on them and get the same effect for a longer period of time.

It seems a lot of work to use something that only lasts a week. Can't go wrong with Klasse. :xyxthumbs:

Desertnate
03-02-2015, 09:02 AM
I've used both Klasse and Collinite 845 on my wheels. Both protect pretty well, but don't last as long as they do on the car itself. I'd say they go a couple of months at least. Since the wheels experience much more heat and a harsher environment, it doesn't surprise nor disappoint me.

I'd love to find something more protective for my wheels, but I have a hard time buying yet another product, probably a coating of some sort, just for my wheels.

kb2ehj
03-02-2015, 09:02 AM
"wheel glaze" is basically just wax with fancy propaganda wording in the description.

I use the DP product with great success, lasts more then a week (not sure were your seeing that said). Wheel still gets dirty(nothing you can do about that) it just makes cleaning the wheels easier. I usually go about a month before I get around to putting more on.

AustrianOak82
03-02-2015, 09:11 AM
"wheel glaze" is basically just wax with fancy propaganda wording in the description.

I use the DP product with great success, lasts more then a week (not sure were your seeing that said). Wheel still gets dirty(nothing you can do about that) it just makes cleaning the wheels easier. I usually go about a month before I get around to putting more on.
I've seen it a few times where it said weekly. I don't expect it to last too long since the wheels go through a lot but a week seemed a little ridiculous.

AustrianOak82
03-02-2015, 09:13 AM
I've used both Klasse and Collinite 845 on my wheels. Both protect pretty well, but don't last as long as they do on the car itself. I'd say they go a couple of months at least. Since the wheels experience much more heat and a harsher environment, it doesn't surprise nor disappoint me.

I'd love to find something more protective for my wheels, but I have a hard time buying yet another product, probably a coating of some sort, just for my wheels.
Any opinion on Collinite 845 vs Klasse on the wheels/paint? I never liked the "plasticy" look the Klasse gave my black car. I always have to follow up with Caranuba to get the deep blacks back. From what I read, Collinite is a better product. I just have a giant jug of Klasse at home!

kb2ehj
03-02-2015, 09:37 AM
I've seen it a few times where it said weekly. I don't expect it to last too long since the wheels go through a lot but a week seemed a little ridiculous.

You are correct, it's not going to last like putting something on the paint. But it should last "way longer" then a week. Again some of that verbiage is also to make you run through more product then you really need hence possibly increasing their sales.

TroyScherer
03-02-2015, 09:39 AM
I have used "WheelWax" in the past. I can tell you IMO to skip it and use KSG or better. IMO the best option is to use a "coating" because they last so much longer and making cleaning easier. KSG will work and last but it will take continual cleaning and reapplication as needed. (see monthly IMO) Opti-Coat Pro is the real way to go. But if you don't want to pay for a pro to do it look at GlossCoat.

kb2ehj
03-02-2015, 09:39 AM
. From what I read, Collinite is a better product. I just have a giant jug of Klasse at home!

I've used 845 on the paint a couple times on various cars. I must say it does last a good long time. It's easy to apply and just as easy to removed as long as you apply it thin. I don't get why folks classify it as a great winter wax, if it's that good wouldn't it be good year round? hahha.

TroyScherer
03-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Any opinion on Collinite 845 vs Klasse on the wheels/paint? I never liked the "plasticy" look the Klasse gave my black car. I always have to follow up with Caranuba to get the deep blacks back. From what I read, Collinite is a better product. I just have a giant jug of Klasse at home!

Both are good. But you can apply 3 or more "layers" of KSG to keep the protection. After 2 coating of 845 any more is a waste due to the solvents "moving" around the existing wax. KSG is an acrylic base and cures nearly immediately creating more layers in my experience. 3+ coats has a glossier look than 1 or 2.

Desertnate
03-02-2015, 09:50 AM

I also own a black car and find the Collinite looks amazing. The shine is still a little sterile, but not like Klasse. I typically use the Klasse on lighter colored, metallic paint. It makes our gray metallic Mazda3 look amazing.

The wheels on all my cars are a silver painted finish, so I don't really see much of a difference between the two products. Both products work well on wheels, so I typically grab what's closest.

Zubair
03-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Powerlock or 845 on wheels can get me upto 3 months when used individually. I think I need to try Powerlock and top it a day later with 845 on the wheels.

As for paint, 845 is glossier of the two, topping Powerlock with 845 works well on paint too.

spiralout462
03-02-2015, 09:46 PM
If they are brand new wheels I think it is foolish to not apply a coating before mounting. Especially if it is a daily driver!

conman1395
03-02-2015, 10:57 PM
If they are brand new wheels I think it is foolish to not apply a coating before mounting. Especially if it is a daily driver!
This is it. Best bonding will be when they are spotless and it's easier to do it when they're new versus spending the time to clean them later.

AustrianOak82
03-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Sounds like a plan. I'll shoot for 10 coats or until my wife tells me to stop.