PDA

View Full Version : Wolf chemicals hard body

Mulletman44
03-01-2015, 02:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone had used wolf chemicals "hard body" or "body guard" nano coating? What's the difference in the two? Are they really as scratch and chip resistant as they show and claim? Do they really last up to 24 months?

VP Mark
03-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Answer to your question in order...

1. Yes
2. Not much
3. No
3. No

I used this stuff for a while for clients vehicles and found that it worked fantastic when first applied but wore off within 1-2 months, at the most. These products are more hype than performance, unfortunately. If you are looking for an economical and durable coating, look at Duragloss, Detailer's Pro, or the Pinnacle Black Label line of coatings. For pricier alternatives I highly recommend Optimum Gloss-Coat.

2shiny
03-01-2015, 02:22 PM
I have tried bodywrap and bodyguard. They reduce the chance of scratches, but not resistant for it.
I have it on my car for almost 1 year now ( bodyguard) and still going strong. Just wash it with carpro reset. Don't wash it with anything that contains wax or gloss enhancers as these will cover the hydrophobic abilities. If this happens. wash it with APC and it will be back.

dogma
03-01-2015, 02:28 PM
On my cars I really liked Wolfs.
I thought the Hardbody was more wet looking than body guard.
I like hardbody over their shine and glaze or shine and seal.
I have it on my car right now. I have been topping it with Prima hydro seal after every wash. Its been on for 10 months and still looks great ,but I am sure its got a lot to do with Prima hydroseal.
For me I like the base of shine and glaze with 2 coats of hardbody then use Prima hydroseal everytime I wash with ONR.
I wish I knew where to get more Wolfs in the US. If anyone knows let me know.

VP Mark
03-01-2015, 02:30 PM
I have about half a bottle if hard body if anyone wants to trade for it...

Mulletman44
03-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Okay thanks for the info guys. How hard is it to apply I read somewhere it takes a long time.

Rsurfer
03-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Okay thanks for the info guys. How hard is it to apply I read somewhere it takes a long time.

It's one the easiest coatings to apply. Either by hand or machine, super easy. Just follow the directions on the bottle. Put Hard Body on a car for over a year and still beading. The new Body Guard only for a few months, but looks promising. That little 4oz bottle should do 5 mid size cars so very cost effective.

af90
03-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Pretty sure I have close to half a bottle of hardbody I couldn't give away. It is too bad Wolf's isn't carried much though, I like their trim dressing and wheel cleaner.

Mulletman44
03-01-2015, 07:22 PM
I was looking into their trim dressing would you say it rivals dlux and ultima trim and tire?

af90
03-01-2015, 08:27 PM
I was looking into their trim dressing would you say it rivals dlux and ultima trim and tire?

I would doubt you would get the longevity out of it that DLUX offers but I never ran a head to head test. I primarily used it on tires and found the satin like sheen to be great and not overly glossy. I think I got right around 4-6 weeks out of it. No previous experience with Ultima.

Here is another person's comparison though. (http://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/42903-review-carpro-dlux-vrs-wolfs-chemicals-trim-coat-nano-dressing.html)

Ebg18t
03-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Wolf was the rage a few years back.. But the claims vs reality of longevity were starkly different.