PDA

View Full Version : Working on the top of a Tahoe

Smitty4x4
02-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Ok guys, I need some tips for cleaning, polishing and drying the top of my Tahoe.
Currently I am able to do the roof forward of the "B" pillars by opening the doors. That is the only part you can see from the ground anyway. The rest... I have been cheating. *hangs head in shame* I have been washing with...wait for it...a long handled brush. Now that you have quit laughing or sneering in disgust regarding my automotive blasphemy, how do you clean them? Even with a step ladder, I can't reach the center without leaning on the sides. How do you correct/polish it. I have just been spraying it with Meg's Ultimate QW so the water beads and everyone just thinks I polish it too.

SYMAWD
02-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Ok guys, I need some tips for cleaning, polishing and drying the top of my Tahoe.
Currently I am able to do the roof forward of the "B" pillars by opening the doors. That is the only part you can see from the ground anyway. The rest... I have been cheating. *hangs head in shame* I have been washing with...wait for it...a long handled brush. Now that you have quit laughing or sneering in disgust regarding my automotive blasphemy, how do you clean them? Even with a step ladder, I can't reach the center without leaning on the sides. How do you correct/polish it. I have just been spraying it with Meg's Ultimate QW so the water beads and everyone just thinks I polish it too.

You can stand on the tires for washing and claying and protecting. Personally, I wouldn't polish the roof.

KMdef9
02-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Personally, I wouldn't polish the roof.

x2. Clean and protect. No one is going to be able to see your hard work.

Mantilgh
02-28-2015, 10:10 PM
Here's how you do it.

Thanks to david79z28

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/88908-took-picture-today-our-local-auto-spa.html

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh286/airbrushaddict/40FEDA23-EBF8-498A-AD6F-54AEC130FBFD-143-000000083A376262_zpsee028a66.jpg

Smitty4x4
02-28-2015, 10:33 PM
I love that pic. I may just have to get some microfiber coveralls and buff it like I'm making snow angels. On a positive note, I'm glad to hear that others do not polish the roof. Clean and protect it is. Thanks guys.

ryandamartini
02-28-2015, 10:37 PM
boars hair brush for super roofs!