PDA

View Full Version : Which Polish

Excessive Detail
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Hey guyz, I'm trying to narrow my detailing products down and once I figure it out I plan to stick with it for a long time, not to say I won't try new stuff, but for my business I'd like to try to stay with one or two brands, mainly for expense purposes, anyway one of the product brand I'm trying to figure right now is polish. So far the best ones I have used are Optimum and Menzerna. I really like menzerna, but they don't work the best in the sun, so ofr that I use the opt. What polish line do you guyz prefer and would stick with, which ones do you think work the easiest and the best. Thanks again guyz.

pirex
08-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I would go for Menzerna, If I had to just use one line. I have used it in sun, and it has worked great, even on black cars! Menzerna is my fav product!

Jimmie
08-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Menzerna. But,this is one area that I think I'd keep both, Menz and Opt.

Excessive Detail
08-25-2007, 07:48 PM
I would go for Menzerna, If I had to just use one line. I have used it in sun, and it has worked great, even on black cars! Menzerna is my fav product!

Thats what I was starting to lean toward, menzerna has always come through for me when other failed. Thanks for the comment.

Excessive Detail
08-25-2007, 07:59 PM

Which polish from menzerna would you go with, I've have Power Gloss, Intense Polish, and Final Polish.

A1monky
08-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Get 106ff. Decent swirl removal, and finishes perfect...

supercharged
08-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey guyz, I'm trying to narrow my detailing products down and once I figure it out I plan to stick with it for a long time, not to say I won't try new stuff, but for my business I'd like to try to stay with one or two brands, mainly for expense purposes, anyway one of the product brand I'm trying to figure right now is polish. So far the best ones I have used are Optimum and Menzerna. I really like menzerna, but they don't work the best in the sun, so ofr that I use the opt. What polish line do you guyz prefer and would stick with, which ones do you think work the easiest and the best. Thanks again guyz.
I don't think that staying with one brand will be the best for the expenses/quality of work. Optimum is a great bang for the buck, and I'd use it whenever it works. PO106FF is the best all around polish Menzerna offers, but is a little bit pricey($50 for 32 oz), so I'd only use it when Optimum polish (under $20 for 32oz) doesn't work. To make it a little sun friendly, mix it with Clearkote RMG (70% PO106FF, 30% RMG).

Excessive Detail
08-26-2007, 07:14 PM
I know menzerna nano polish was made for ceramic clearcotes, but could it also be used on non ceramic clearcotes as well.

Al-53
08-26-2007, 07:28 PM
the Menzerna polishes can be used on any paint....no problems..the only difference with the ceramic polishes is the way the abrasives are milled into a shape that cuts ceramic clear better...but they can be used on any paint...

AL

Excessive Detail
08-26-2007, 07:33 PM
the Menzerna polishes can be used on any paint....no problems..the only difference with the ceramic polishes is the way the abrasives are milled into a shape that cuts ceramic clear better...but they can be used on any paint...

AL

Thanks for the reply.

Junebug
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
You mentioned keeping expenses down, have you done any price per ounce comparisons of boutique products vs the big chemical companies like Megs, 3M, Malco, Automagic and others? If I had to pick, and I didn't have a local supplier, I'd go with Megs since they can be bought at any CarQuest or auto paint store. I think a lot of people assume Megs is just OTC stuff, but you should try out their Mirror Glaze line - especially the 80 series. My products of choice are Malco, but that's because I can get them locally - but hey, check with them, there may be a distributor near you too.