PDA

View Full Version : APC Advice

Excessive Detail
08-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Ive been using an apc that I get from a local guy, Ardex New Wax APC, and it works pretty well, but I won't be able to get it anymore for other reason, plus I wanted to buy it from AG. What APC do you guyz think has the best bang for the buck, that is strong enough, but still safe so I don't have to constantly check what I'm putting it on, plus I need it in gallon size, so which product that AG carries works the best on wheels, paint, tires, etc and has good dilution ratios. I was thinking of DPs Cleaner. What do you guyz think. Thanks

Jimmie
08-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Well, believe it or not 303 Cleaner. It looks expensive at first glance but it's not b/c of dilution rates. I keep two spray bottles handy. One @ 20:1, one @ 30:1. I don't use it as a degreaser but you can. Whoops, just reread your post and saw "wheels, tires, paint". I use the 303 on interior. Exterior I've been using Amazing Roll Off. It says clear coat safe. Apply to wet surface. To be honest I'm going through it fast. Good stuff though IMO.

ScottB
08-25-2007, 10:02 PM
303, DP , or even Amazing Roll-off would be some of my many choices.

Thejoyofdriving
08-26-2007, 04:05 AM
I like 303 AC, its not that powerful, i have yet to test it against ARO. I use it to strip wax clean the interior and pretty much every thing, its safe on almost anything and it does not smell, maybe a little but you can barely notice it, it does not smell bad though. Its my go to APC and i use it exclusively.

scottgt
08-26-2007, 10:38 AM
i love meg. apc

ehuth1
08-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Ive been using an apc that I get from a local guy, Ardex New Wax APC, and it works pretty well, but I won't be able to get it anymore for other reason, plus I wanted to buy it from AG. What APC do you guyz think has the best bang for the buck, that is strong enough, but still safe so I don't have to constantly check what I'm putting it on, plus I need it in gallon size, so which product that AG carries works the best on wheels, paint, tires, etc and has good dilution ratios. I was thinking of DPs Cleaner. What do you guyz think. Thanks

The best no brainer degreaser for bugs, tar, grime.... DG Bug Remover, it has a awesome smell and really gets the job done and works great with some pressure behind it.

CalgaryDetail
08-26-2007, 05:48 PM
megs apc from the pro line.. it is cheap, goes a long way (up to 10:1) and does a good job.
If you getit you may find it to be a little costic. If you are spray alot on the interior you will feel it in your lungs so I would say spray it and let it ait for 30 seconeds (plus it allows the apc to work into the dirt) before really getting in there

Excessive Detail
08-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all the comments guyz, I think I can make a good decision now.

Excessive Detail
08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Has anybody used Megs. Body Solvent, could that be used on rims and tires as well as the paint.