PDA

View Full Version : New Lexus isf with extra soft paint, help needed

E-A
02-28-2015, 05:16 AM
Hi guys im a detailer from another country and last week i had the new Lexus isf, the name of the paint is obsidian black (212). Now to the problem, everything that touches that paint scratches it!! Im finishing polishing it then i wipe the panel and it get little scratches. I have tried to wipe with new swissvax microplush and with the rupes microfibers and with numerous new microfibers. Did someone had a problem like that with paint? Now the car is coated with c1 but still gets scaraches very easily. Even if you move your finger across the panel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Mask
02-28-2015, 05:36 AM
I would use rinseless wash mix with IPA for polish wipe off.

E-A
02-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Ok but how will he maintain the results?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Mask
02-28-2015, 09:25 AM
That depends on personal preference and how much time and effort one willing to invest for keeping it up :D

weekly wash process:
-Pressure wash (compulsory for me)
-Foam gun/ lance (optional)
-2 bucket with grid guard
-Hit wash mitt with water hose after each panel before back to 2buckets.
OR
One soap bucket with GD method, one towel per panel
-Sheeting
-blow dry

To me once we touches the paint, will have chance to create scratches no matter how careful we (human) are ,with or without coating. Maybe it's just me Lol :D

Kind regards

RWalleyTX
02-28-2015, 10:19 AM
I have the same problem with my car you can only do so much

Audios S6
02-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Obsidian black is notorious for being very soft, but it also just shows scratches more easily that you wouldn't see on other colors. It's not that the scratches aren't there on silver, you just can't see them without ideal lighting.

The last obsidian black car I did was very soft and was able to correct it in light polishing step. For polishing, I did well with optimum hyper polish and a crimson hydrotech pad, even the gray ccs pads were leaving some micro-marring. Then wiping down with my best towels soaked in optimum no rinse. After that, the car was coated with OC2.0. I've seen it a few times since coating over a year ago and it's still looking very good. Most of that can be attributed to a devoted owner, but the OC2.0 definitely made a difference in resistance to scratching.

E-A
02-28-2015, 02:58 PM
thanks for the attention and the answers. the owner is willing to bring the car every week for me to wash it, but i didnt want to take that risk without making sure that theres no way to avoid those light scratches. it took me forever to fix that paint end it will be shame to see it "ruined" that quickly.

KingXaiver
02-28-2015, 08:32 PM
I had a Kia last year that had major issues with the paint. I used meguiars 205 polish and it turned out beautiful. Here are some pics. Go to members gallery.

builthatch
02-28-2015, 09:46 PM
it's coated with C1? that should be the top layer and should offer some semblance of scratch resistance...at least it advertises as such.

but seriously i agree with Audios S6 in that a soft paint that is coated should not act the same as the base substrate would. coatings (not sealant, not wax) such as Optimum and CQuartz are hard coatings and C1 is advertised as such as well.

E-A
03-01-2015, 07:24 AM
so one guy in dw told me that the car is painted in a single stage. that can explain why its so soft and why the c1 is not that effective in protracting it

jmsc
03-01-2015, 09:50 AM
If you polish a newer late model car that has SS paint you should/will see paint transfer onto your pads. Did you not see black paint on your pads? I also read recently that coatings work only or best on CC not SS paints.

E-A
03-01-2015, 10:10 AM
its not ss i also remembered that i haven't seen paint transfer, told him that and waiting for hes replay. i really dont have any idea whats wrong with that color