PDA

View Full Version : help please!

Pages : [1] 2

wrx495
02-28-2015, 12:35 AM
Hello guys! it's been a while since i posted on here and i am in need of some serious help!! So i've had my wrx for a year now and this past December after washing my car when the weather got warm, I washed my car and then noticed these really weird spots ONLY on the horizontal panels... the hood,roof, and a little on the trunk. http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag387/a10495/image1_zpsjvfpr51o.jpg

i have tried tarminator to no solution. i tried using iron X, or the variant i received from another company for free (the new Optimum FerreX iron remover) , clay bar.
I have not tried polishing yet, should i try that? i have orange,white pads, and 105/205 combo. Let me know ! thanks for all the help guys!

Mask
02-28-2015, 12:38 AM
May try wash follow by fine clay and M205 polish. Hope this help :)

Aaryn NZ
02-28-2015, 12:46 AM

:iagree:

This sounds like a plan to me. I wouldn't rush into any compounding without going for a fine polish - like M205, Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish etc - maybe the guys that use Menzerna will be able to chime in here too?

Good luck - let us know how you get on mate.

Aaryn NZ. :xyxthumbs:

wrx495
02-28-2015, 12:54 AM

:iagree:

This sounds like a plan to me. I wouldn't rush into any compounding without going for a fine polish - like M205, Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish etc - maybe the guys that use Menzerna will be able to chime in here too?

Good luck - let us know how you get on mate.

Aaryn NZ. :xyxthumbs:

I really appreciate the quick responses guys! gives me hope that someone has actually seen something like this before! LOL! i clean my car once a week (or at least try to) so i cleaned it and now the car is currently covered up, but tomorrow noon i will break out the polisher and try a white pad, 205 combo. Hopefully i won't annoy everyone in my apartments! LOL! i may do the trunk first for test spot!

Mask
02-28-2015, 01:18 AM
gives me hope that someone has actually seen something like this before! LOL!

I've seen more than worst here...
:D

Kind regards

wrx495
02-28-2015, 01:26 AM
I've seen more than worst here...
:D

Kind regards

hahaha! so this isn't even bad yet, is what you're saying? hahah! thanks! i may contact my uncle tomorrow to borrow his garage. but i'll see. if not I'm definitely using the outside of my apartment complex.

HateSwirls
02-28-2015, 05:28 AM
hahaha! so this isn't even bad yet, is what you're saying? hahah! thanks! i may contact my uncle tomorrow to borrow his garage. but i'll see. if not I'm definitely using the outside of my apartment complex.

I only wish the cars I worked on looked like yours. Lol
As said, try the m205 first, you can always work yourself up.
Just from looking at the picture it seems it would easily buff out.

Don M
02-28-2015, 08:20 AM
Just curious, can you feel them when doing 'the baggie test?'

wrx495
02-28-2015, 12:58 PM
I only wish the cars I worked on looked like yours. Lol
As said, try the m205 first, you can always work yourself up.
Just from looking at the picture it seems it would easily buff out.
hahahaah! definitely making me feel better seeing that!!

Just curious, can you feel them when doing 'the baggie test?'

yes i can!

wrx495
02-28-2015, 01:15 PM
so a couple minutes ago i wanted to test this out so i did a quick waterless wash on my trunk because i had already washed it yesterday, and then i did the baggie test again and felt all those little bumps, it was about to rain here in san jose so i couldn't even break out the polisher in my apartment complex. i just grabbed a white pad and slapped some 205 on it. i can say just from the little test spot it will definitely look better! but who knows. have to break out the polisher on it before i can report back any real results! looks like i'll have to wait until tuesday because thats the only day I'm available :p ..

Mike Phillips
02-28-2015, 01:24 PM
I washed my car and then noticed these really weird spots ONLY on the horizontal panels... the hood,roof, and a little on the trunk.

I have not tried polishing yet, should i try that?

i have orange,white pads, and 105/205 combo. Let me know ! thanks for all the help guys!

Sounds like something in the air landed on the paint and now it's time to hit it with the M105 followed by M205 and the seal her up with an LSP.

:)

wrx495
03-03-2015, 10:59 PM
hmm... got some frustrating results guys :( i tried the 105 w/ an orange pad then followed by 205 white pad. it removed a bit but i am still able to see it on the paint :(... anybody here in san jose have any other methods they can possibly try to help me out, or am i doing something wrong??? thanks! i really appreciate all the input!

03-03-2015, 11:10 PM
What polisher and how many passes are you making?

wrx495
03-03-2015, 11:21 PM
What polisher and how many passes are you making?

i tried it on the griots garage 6 and made about 4 passes ( cross hatch = 1 pass the way i counted it[up down left ,right=1 not that exact way but you get my idea i think] am i not putting enough pressure possibly ?

03-03-2015, 11:29 PM
i tried it on the griots garage 6 and made about 4 passes ( cross hatch = 1 pass the way i counted it[up down left ,right=1 not that exact way but you get my idea i think] am i not putting enough pressure possibly ?

I'd suggest 6 passes, apply medium pressure on the first 2-3 passes then gradually let up on pressure. What brand Orange pad GG? I know M105 has more than enough cut to remove what's in the pic...