PDA

View Full Version : Megs #7 or 3m Imperial Hand Glaze, which fills better?

1vh1
02-26-2015, 08:27 PM
A buddy of mine is trading his black Civic in and wants me to make it shine for cheap. It is swirled up pretty bad. I told him I would do my best, but for $50 I couldn't make it look like a show car.

Which product would do a better job a temporary hiding swirls for a trade in, Megs 7 or 3M Imperial hand glaze.

davey g-force
02-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Personally, I would just use an AIO on it and be done.

Honda paint is generally soft, so chances are the AIO will correct most of the swirls, and add a bit of shine & protection. :)

Larry A
02-26-2015, 08:50 PM
In my opinoin Megs #7 and Imperial Hand Glaze are very similar. They look the same and smell the same. Imperial hand glaze is a little thinner.

FUNX650
02-26-2015, 09:06 PM
•Just to be clear:
-Meguiar's M07 has no abrasives.
-3M IHG has very mild abrasives.

•Regardless...After application:
-Both of these "glazes" will need to have
a Wax applied atop them.
-If not...they'll last about as long as a head cold.

Bob

Desertnate
02-27-2015, 08:22 AM
•Regardless...After application:
-Both of these "glazes" will need to have
a Wax applied atop them.
-If not...they'll last about as long as a head cold.

Bob

This is an important point, since this will be a paid job. Using a glaze leads to a need for some sort of LSP. That means you'll be going over the car at least twice. If you're already committed to that much effort, you'll get better results with a polish. To keep it cheap, use Meguiars Ultimate polish. It's a good, yet inexpensive product that's easy to use.

Based on the $50 dollar budget, I'd probably do as previously advised and used a good AIO. You'll go over the car once and be done. Multiple passes with multiple products will take a lot of time which lowers your hourly rate.

To be clear, I feel glazes have their purpose, and I use them. I just don't think this is a good scenario.