PDA

View Full Version : Exterior trim treatment??

Pages : [1] 2

Bicycle
02-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Need to give the exterior vynal some new life after all this snow and cold weather. I know there are a ton of offerings and everyone has their favorite. Just chime in on what you like.
There is one particular dressing I liked; it was almost like a coating. But for the life of me I can't remember the brand.
Anyways, thanks for getting back to me.

Paul A.
02-26-2015, 01:27 PM
There are so many new products in this category however my new favorite within the past year has been Black Wow Pro. I layer it at least twice and sometimes a third...after a good, thorough cleaning of the surface first.

OCDetails
02-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is my favorite. Makes this black and it lasts forever. I love it on my wiper cowl. 6 months later it is still black even after going through the salty winter. Very worthwhile product!

eaglefan
02-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Ultima Trim and tire guard is what I use. Works for me. I have not used the new "Trim Sealants" yet.
My Avalanche has Tuff Shine on it, one made for plastics. When I bought it, it was faded bad like most of the Avalanches you see. Stuff worked great at turning it black again. I put the UTTG on it every few months.
Cleaning and prepping is vital for any of these trim products, my opinion.

irvsmith
02-26-2015, 03:18 PM
I used Meguiar's Ultimate Black with good success. I have heard good things about the Black Wow product as well.

Jaretr1
02-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Carpro Dlux lasts forever, well in detailer time thats like a year at least if not longer.

FocusSTguy
02-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is my favorite. Makes this black and it lasts forever. I love it on my wiper cowl. 6 months later it is still black even after going through the salty winter. Very worthwhile product!

Another :xyxthumbs: for the Wolfgang. Picked up a bottle based on others recommendations here and really like this product. I applied a coat in early Nov and the trim still looks good. This is the only trim sealant I've tried so I don't have anything to compare it to but it works so well I don't feel the need to try anything else.

FUNX650
02-26-2015, 05:21 PM
-Meguiar's #39/#40
-Mothers Protectant for Rubber, Vinyl & Plastic
-Solution Finish
-303 AP

Bob

Odisious
02-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Another :xyxthumbs: for the Wolfgang. Picked up a bottle based on others recommendations here and really like this product. I applied a coat in early Nov and the trim still looks good. This is the only trim sealant I've tried so I don't have anything to compare it to but it works so well I don't feel the need to try anything else.

How does the product apply? Is it super greasy and a thin liquid, or is it thick like applying a wax?

HateSwirls
02-26-2015, 07:04 PM
100% Wolfgang Trim Sealant.

Makes faded trim look new again
Long lasting
A little goes a very long way
Doesn't streaks

It's my favorite:dblthumb2:

The Guz
02-26-2015, 08:53 PM
My top one would be Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant. Followed by Meguiar's Ult. Black and TW Jet Black Trim Coating.

FocusSTguy
02-26-2015, 09:21 PM
How does the product apply? Is it super greasy and a thin liquid, or is it thick like applying a wax?
I'd call it an oily liquid, it does have a petroleum smell to it. A couple drops on a foam applicator and rub it on. A little goes a long way.

01GreyStangGT
02-26-2015, 10:02 PM
I like the Wolfgang and Blackfire products both.

tenblade2001
02-26-2015, 11:49 PM
Here's a good thread
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/75938-trim-restorer-showdown-round-2-long-pic-heavy.html

wytstang
02-27-2015, 05:26 AM
Wolfgang Trim Sealant has been my saving grace for my mustang and ranger.