PDA

View Full Version : Hydro 2 vs opti seal

Pages : [1] 2

frankprozzoly
02-26-2015, 12:36 PM
I just bought the big bottle of hydro 2 because of the good reviews and ease of use. This is just for my daily drive. But opti seal looks like it might even be better. You would save on the water bill. What are your opinions. I've used hydro i like it. I haven't used opti seal

HUMP DIESEL
02-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Two different applications. I feel like Hydro2 will last longer, and you cannot beat the ease of application.

HUMP

Jaretr1
02-26-2015, 01:22 PM
If there is something easier than Hydro2, it hasnt been introduced to the general public yet.

TroyScherer
02-26-2015, 01:35 PM
OOS is just like all the other WOWA sealants. Looks are okay and durability is average. (I only got 2-3 months in normal weather.) I like WGDGLS and BFCS better than OOS. Both look better and last longer in my experience.

H2 is IMO easier and quicker. But the cost per application is more.

The water bill is not a factor in my decision because of the time savings. IMO H2 is great for a detailer selling a wash & Seal because time is money or the hobbyist that wants to reduce the touching of the paint.

Rsurfer
02-26-2015, 01:38 PM
I just bought the big bottle of hydro 2 because of the good reviews and ease of use. This is just for my daily drive. But opti seal looks like it might even be better. You would save on the water bill. What are your opinions. I've used hydro i like it. I haven't used opti seal

How would you save on your water bill since both products needs a clean surface? Opti Seal is a wowa product...good booster for Opticoat Pro and Optigloss.

SameGuy
02-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Do you have to use a high pressure blast of water to activate OOS? If no, there's your water savings.

Rsurfer
02-26-2015, 02:50 PM
Do you have to use a high pressure blast of water to activate OOS? If no, there's your water savings.

Give me a break!

builthatch
02-26-2015, 02:59 PM

wow, for the price of hydro2, seems like it's best just to buy some consumer coating like super duper slick Gloss-Coat and coat the damn thing!

they claim 3 months of durability, Opti-Seal claims 5 or 6, i forget. i have no experience with Hydro2. i have tons of experience with Opti-Seal. i never could confirm extended durability because i never left my car alone for long enough to see, but imo it's brainless to apply, a CRAZY value as a little goes such a long way...and it's crystal clear.

and as mentioned it's a wild topper for the old Opti-Coat formulas if you are into that super duper slick scene...but now that Gloss-Coat is out, not sure why anyone wouldn't just get that because it's almost....ALMOST....as easy to apply as Opti-Seal and it's so slick...and has a two year durability claim.

Hydro2 is a neat concept but again why not just coat it and forget it. Gloss-Coat is so easy.

frankprozzoly
02-26-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm not that concerned about water but our water bill can get pretty high. So not needing to rinse opti seal was the point. Since it doesn't sound like it doesn't compare to hydro 2 then i got the answer i was looking for

FUNX650
02-26-2015, 03:50 PM
Frank...

•Which of these two Sealants...Dilemma, or no?

•Recently:
-You brought up in an earlier thread of yours that you were
concerned about seeing faint/mild swirl marks in your vehicle's paint under certain shady-lighting conditions.

•With that in mind...and IMO:
-Optimum Poli-Seal would be a most useful AIO in rectifying the mild swirling situation; and be an excellent synergistic base-product for:
-Optimum Opti-Seal Sealant

Hurrah!! Both "problems" solved!!

Bob

frankprozzoly
02-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Thanks Bob I'll look into that. No swirls though,just tiny scratches probably from rinseless washes. They're hardly noticeable but I'm always striving for perfection

VP Mark
02-26-2015, 05:38 PM
The great thing about these products as they are both great! This year I'm going to be using Hydro2 for 2 bucket washes, OS for rinseless. Both of them are fantastic products, just different products for different applications.

Edit: OS does compare to Hydro2. They are both super easy to use, provide moderately good durability, and provide great gloss and reflections. The biggest difference is Hydro2 is significantly more expensive per application.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
02-26-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm not that concerned about water but our water bill can get pretty high. So not needing to rinse opti seal was the point. Since it doesn't sound like it doesn't compare to hydro 2 then i got the answer i was looking for

What do you mean compare? They are designed for different applications and markets.

I can't use hydro2 with rinseless washes, which makes hydro2 incomparable to opti-seal because I can't even use hydro2 because I don't have water.

In reality very few people will be able to tell you the real differences in the two products on a molecular level. Everything else is just experience and opinions, and who knows what that "experience" really is.

Personally I use both products and like both. I use opti-seal more because it's faster to apply MOST of the time, great durability, great shine and pairs excellent with optimum car wax.

For your purposes I wouldn't focus on which is overall "better" (whatever better means), but which works best for your life. If you don't want to use water get opti-seal, if you don't mind using water or like it, use hydro2. :xyxthumbs:

frankprozzoly
02-26-2015, 07:21 PM
Well like everyone else here i like buying products so I'll eventually end up trying both of them

Ebg18t
02-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Opti-Seal & Utima Paint Gaurd are so easy it's hard to complaint about them.

Another easy to use option (& my preference) is Garry Deans Infinite Use Detail Juice boosted with Juice Boost. Easy way to do a quick detail and add months of protection. The shine is awesome to boot.