PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Ultima Paint Guard Plus Sealant

soona1991
02-24-2015, 01:44 PM
Hey,
First of all thanks for making such a great Forum.
I have been following it for months now but this is my first post ever :dblthumb2:
Coming to the pint I have a 6 month old Suzuki Swift (dark metallic grey) which was professionally detailed and 2 layers of Ultima Paint Guard Plus was applied. Also it was topped up with collinite 845 every month.
Now I want to reapply the sealant. I need some help regarding removing the old layer. Being new to the world of detailing I am quite nervous. Aslo being in India it is very difficult to source good quality products and they are hella expensive here.
The paint is flawless and I won't be doing any compounding.
I have following products with me
1.) 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
2.) Mother's no 2 polishing glaze
Q 1.)Can I use any of the above two to strip the wax and sealant ?
Q 2.)Can Mother's no 2 polishing glaze be easily used by hand without marring the paint as I don''t have a DA
Q 3.)Or should spend some more money buying Klasse AIO to clean the paint and top it up with Ultima Paint Guard.
Q 4.)I have heard about wolfgang 3.0 being the best paint sealant, I am planning to buy it in some time. My procedure of using it will be wash,clay,Mother's no 2 polishing glaze ,Klasse Aio,wolfgang 3.0 + collinite 845.
These are the only products that I can find easily so will it be OK to use them in above mentioned order on dark colours.
Thank You Feed back please

MarkD51
02-24-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm taking an educated guess, and I think I'm right about this.

(I've taken note, and sounds like some durable products have been used to date)

I would think if no swirls, or other paint damage is present that requires the need and use of polishes, that a good Paint Cleanser from the likes of Pinnacle, or Detailer's Pro would do the trick, and re-prep the paint.

AeroCleanse
02-24-2015, 05:16 PM
You don't need to remove the old layer before applying another one.

Ebg18t
02-24-2015, 05:42 PM
I think you are over thinking this.

Just put another layer of 845 and call it a day. It's not like UPGP is any better than Collinite 845. UPGP is good, but so is the 845. It's not like UPGP is a fancy coating or anything. I think your trying to make this more complex then it needs to be. You have already been applying 845 every month (overkill), what are looking to gain by removing everything and re-doing it?

FUNX650
02-24-2015, 06:12 PM
IMO:
With #845 being applied on a monthly basis, there is the possibility of one of these two "topping/layering"-scenarios:

1.) The Ultima Paint Guard Plus Sealant has already been removed...via the "chemical nature" of #845.
-Use of a very light abrasive product...perhaps the Mother's Phase-2 (I think Mother's Phase-1 would be a better choice), or even the KAIO...should prep-the-paint for another UPGP application.
-Then/Next: "Topping/Layering" with #845? (I wouldn't)

2.) The Ultima Paint Guard Plus Sealant has, thus far, been: "protected" by the #845...and does not need to be replaced.
-Keep applying the #845 on a monthly basis.

Bob

soona1991
02-25-2015, 06:39 AM
Thanks for all your advices :)