PDA

View Full Version : AIOs

Jersey John
02-24-2015, 12:09 PM
So I've only really stepped up my detailing this year by upgrading my product quality and getting a DA and bc of this I'm considering starting a small part time driveway business. I see a lot of guys use AIOs, but being where I am I'm clueless as to what it is or when to use it so I was hopeful somebody could simplify it all for me.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Heisenberg
02-24-2015, 12:15 PM
AIOs combine polishing/LSP in one step. They're good for a quick one step on cars that don't need excessive correction. They don't leave incredible protection(haven't seen long term testing of the new Wolfgang one though) and they're not super aggressive, even though you can get good results with some of them.

You'd want to use your best judgement for your customers on when to use them.

Dereksdtail
02-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Aios are amazing, I use them for light duty correction or just to bring back some gloss when somebodies on a budget. Easy money, I've used blackfires and meguiars d151 both quality and save a lot of time

Jaretr1
02-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Also consider Wolfgang AIO, it seems to have a little more cut than some of the other AIO's.

VP Mark
02-24-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm a huge fan of HD Speed and Optimum GPS. AIOs can make much easier as a business.

STSmal01
02-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Question, I have XMT 360 and I was just wondering how does that compare to Maguires D151, Black Fire AIO and Wolfgang's new all-in-one. thanks.

Mike Phillips
02-24-2015, 01:01 PM
Question, I have XMT 360 and I was just wondering how does that compare to Maguires D151, Black Fire AIO and Wolfgang's new all-in-one. thanks.

Check out my article on this topic...

How to choose and use a one-step cleaner/wax by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/81546-how-choose-one-step-cleaner-wax.html)

XMT 360 = Category #2

Megs D151 = Category #3

Blackfire's Total Polish & Seal = Category #2

Wolfgang's Uber AIO = Category #3

Read about the secret to using one-steps in the article, besides using products that use good abrasive technology the next most important thing is what I share in the article.

:xyxthumbs:

The Critic
02-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Menzerna 3in1 is a great product. Very good cut and finish for an AIO, but is a bit smeary during the wipe-off process.

I used it with the Rupes Duetto and Rupes yellow pad in this example.

KyleWrap
02-24-2015, 02:07 PM
I recently purchased a gallon Megs Paint Reconditioning Cream (D151) and a gallon of Megs Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax (D156) for like $60 total. This is mainly for customers with DD's. For my car though I'd be using Collinite 845 Wax.

The D151 is on the more aggressive side of AIO's so i think its perfect for correction depending on the pad you use.

STSmal01
02-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Hey, thanks Mike. I will check out your article. thanks again

STSmal01
02-24-2015, 08:56 PM
And by the way XMT 360 is a great product it works well for my needs, but Just looking to try new/different Products.

KBsToy
02-25-2015, 06:22 AM
I admit I am a AIO addict. I have used XMT 360 and Optimum GPS with good results. I purchased the new Menzerna AIO and waiting for warmer weather to try it out.

11Frontier
02-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Wolfgang's Uber AIO = Category #3

:xyxthumbs:

From reading Nicks thread when he was introducing the Uber AIO I got the impression that it was maybe a very light to light cleaner not a medium. I can't say I don't have any swirls but either I do not have or I can not see the swirls in my truck. It's only been hand washed (never saw the dealer wash it). I just wanted something with long term protection because of time. Would I be able to use it by hand to stay closer to a light cleaner so I can still get the protection/longevity I wanted with out inducing any marring or I guess what I think I may do to the paint is over clean it? Does that make sense?

Or should I just go back to my first choice the Klasse twins?