PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Bombs

Signworks
02-24-2015, 11:58 AM
This dude parked his beehives a short distance from my parking lot, and his bees are crapping all over my new Silverado Pickup as they fly over. Will they damage the paint if left on 3 or 4 days? and what is the best thing to remove the stuff? it's like brown, and yellow and super hard to get off. Some of it is like waxy.

Thanks!
Wayne

aim4squirrels
02-24-2015, 12:41 PM
I have no clue how to solve your problem, but the set-up will likely garner weird post of the year mentions, and it's only February.

Bump for you, OP.

Signworks
02-24-2015, 12:54 PM
"'weird post of the year" Do I get a trophy? I feel honored ;)
Thanks

J Cole
02-24-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm not completely sure on this but from what I've read I believe that once this type of contamination has dried and sat in the sun for a day it's done as much damage as it's going to do - so letting it sit for a few more days won't do more damage.

Unfortunately I don't have a source on hand so I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Signworks
02-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Thanks!
I washed it in the rain today. Being wet for awhile softened it up considerably but there are stubborn spots still hanging on. I also had the guy move his bugs, which he did last night. That seems to have ended further contamination.