PDA

View Full Version : Go to products for various interior cleaning problems?

Rod73
02-24-2015, 08:21 AM
I have heard multiple times on the forums about detailers using different products and maybe approaches for different specific stains. I was curious what you guys use in particular on interiors and how that changes based upon what you are dealing with?

For me I have used Griots Interior.

I just recently purchased some Ultima Interior shampoo because of the great reviews and Wolfgang Spot Eliminator because I trust Wolfgang, also purchasing Chemical Guy's All Clean and Klasse.

Looking to polish my skills (no pun intended) on the interior

Paul A.
02-24-2015, 08:41 AM
Over the years i have tried several spot removers and have returned, every time, to Folex. Awesome on carpet spot removal and just as good for the infrequent cloth seat spots i get every once in a while.

Good question and i'm curious to hear what some others are using for various applications.

Audios S6
02-24-2015, 11:00 AM
General/light cleaning
Hard surfaces: UWW+, ONR, CG innerclean, Megs QID
Carpet/cloth: folex
Leather: ONR, Megs QID

Medium duty
Hard surfaces: Zep orange degreaser 20:1 and/or steam
Carpet/cloth: folex, carpet brush on DA
Leather: Zep orange degreaser 20:1 and/or steam, leather brush on DA
Spotting: citric acid, enzyme based spotter

Heavy Duty
Hard surfaces: various APCs 10:1 or 4:1 and steam
Carpet/cloth: various APCs 10:1, carpet brush on DA
Leather: various APCs 10:1 and steam, leather brush on DA
Spotting: butyl ether spotter and steam

OCDetails
02-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Personally my go to product is Tuff Stuff. It is easy to find and not expensive. When you are cleaning a large project like a van or something with a lot of carpet like that, then you want something effective and inexpensive. For tough spots on carpets and seats I will use Wolfgang Spot Eliminator or their Carpet/Upholstery cleaner, but more times than not I can save that and use Tuff Stuff.

Occasionally you'll find another really useful product in Dollar stores, of all places. It reminds me of Advanage, which is sold door to door in the summer by crazy people willing to drink it to prove how environmentally safe it is. Regardless of where it comes from or who sells it, the stuff really works. I'll have to take a picture of the bottle I've got right now. For a buck it can't really be beat. Sure it isn't fancy or made in Italy or anything like that, but whatever works, right? If it cleans the carpets and makes them look like new, I'm not picky about whose label is on the bottle.

Rod73
02-26-2015, 09:54 AM
I just did another coworker's car. This time just the interior. If I had pictures I would put it all up on the appropriate spot; sorry guys was focused on the task at hand.

But I did want to share with everyone my experience with the products I used. The main thing we're the seats. My initial plan was Ultima Shampoo and Wolfgang Spot Eliminator as a back with various tools on the seats. It actually wasn't as effective as I had hoped. But I don't think that should be a knock on the products with the great reviews for Ultima and Wolfgang's reputation. The seats had various oils that had buried in it. And I imagine making the filth easy to attach itself. So I went with back up back up back up plan Chemical Guys All Clean citrus 20:1 with white brush Porter Cable. Came back over that with distilled water spritz. I saw much more noticeable improvement. I do think it was a case of using the appropriate type of cleaner for a car that has a lot of food oils, etc and sweat built up over the years.

HateSwirls
02-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner for most task in cleaning interiors.
Works on vinyl , carpets, even leather.
After cleaning the leather I normally use Meguiar's Leather Conditnor

The biggest help in cleaning an interior is my DP Cleaning Gun, sure makes things easier.
I use the Meguiar's APC also in my gun, it's the best I've found to use, leaves the interior with a clean scent.

HateSwirls
02-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Personally my go to product is Tuff Stuff. It is easy to find and not expensive. When you are cleaning a large project like a van or something with a lot of carpet like that, then you want something effective and inexpensive. For tough spots on carpets and seats I will use Wolfgang Spot Eliminator or their Carpet/Upholstery cleaner, but more times than not I can save that and use Tuff Stuff.

Occasionally you'll find another really useful product in Dollar stores, of all places. It reminds me of Advanage, which is sold door to door in the summer by crazy people willing to drink it to prove how environmentally safe it is. Regardless of where it comes from or who sells it, the stuff really works. I'll have to take a picture of the bottle I've got right now. For a buck it can't really be beat. Sure it isn't fancy or made in Italy or anything like that, but whatever works, right? If it cleans the carpets and makes them look like new, I'm not picky about whose label is on the bottle.

I agree on using Tuff Stuff.
Removes even the worst stains.
Always have a few cans on hand in my shop.

VP Mark
02-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Hydrox Encap peroxide cleaner for carpets an upholstery, APC or megs quik interior detailer for anything else. Plus steam.