PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new sealant/synthetic wax

Pages : [1] 2

stealthjetta
02-23-2015, 12:10 PM
As far as I know, sealant and synthetic wax are more or less the same thing. Anyway, I'm looking for a new one. My go to for the last several years was Meguiars NXT 2.0. That did me good for a while but a couple things about it make me want to change. One, it isn't layerable... could be.. COULD BE wrong about that. The other is it doesn't play nice with black plastic trim, meaning it won't come out and makes it look dull instead. I know, should've been more careful around that black trim, but anyway, it's there and tends to happen when applying. Here is what I need for my new sealant.

Under $25
Layerable
Long protection
Easy to Apply
Good for black cars and white cars.

Also, something that can be applied with a Dual Action applicator would be nice.

Help!

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-23-2015, 12:23 PM
In my opinion, if you are running a business, you should be looking at spray sealants. My go to`s are CarPro Hydro2 & Reload. They provide long protection, are easy to apply, and great for any car color. You can apply Reload a tad thicker for slight filling.
I have gotten over 4 months on multiple Hydr02 applications over winter on customers cars. Reload is good for 6 months or more depending on variables. And with both of these, a little goes a long way.
As for cost, they mat be more than $25 depending on size. But when you look at the time and labor you save, the cost per application far outweighs this.

PA DETAILER
02-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Prima Hydro MAX Super Spray Polymer (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-hydro-max.html)

No measuring.
No streaking.
No waiting.

Wipe on / Wipe off Does not get any eaiser. 4-6 months protection.

frankprozzoly
02-23-2015, 12:40 PM
So reload can be used on it's own? I thought that reload was more of a topper for cquartz coating

FUNX650
02-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Here's a couple within your stated price range:
1Z Einszett Glanz Wax Hart Glanz (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-glanz-wax.html)

SONAX NanoTechnology Liquid Wax, sonax liquid car wax, car wax sealant, wax protectant, auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-nano-liquid-wax.html)

Bob

Loach
02-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax is their latest formula which is $18 at Autogeek. I used up the whole bottle I had and really enjoyed working with it. Doesn't stain trim, goes on really thin with a DA, easy on/off. Looks great on the paint. I haven't done much testing with layering products, I was using Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax (or D156) after weekly/biweekly washes and that combo was working great.

AutowerxDetailing
02-23-2015, 01:10 PM
So reload can be used on it's own? I thought that reload was more of a topper for cquartz coating

Reload is AMAZING as a stand alone sealant. I no longer use DA applied paste or liquid sealants due to the extra time it takes and additional draw backs (staining trim, hard to clean from pads, etc.).

TroyScherer
02-23-2015, 01:14 PM

Reload is a spray sealant. It can be used as a stand-alone or as a topper. I have personally seen 2-3+ months out of Reload before I would reapply. But it can last longer. I prefer to maintain what I view as optimal characteristics.

In reality most all "toppers" are simply a standalone product repurposed to sell more...

AZ Mike
02-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476 (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-super-doublecoat--wax-476.html)
Price is right. Can layer. Can machine apply. Long lasting.

DaveT435
02-23-2015, 01:54 PM
Ultima Paint Guard Plus is an excellent WOWA sealant. Gtechniq C2v3 is also an excellent sealant. It can be layered to help hide imperfections as well. I've used both with great success. Great durability. The Gtechniq is 29.99 but that's for 500 ml. It is a wipe on buff off product.

Bill1234
02-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Collinite 476 is my go to. Cheap, quality product that has about 1 year of protection

Jaretr1
02-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Collinite 845

dlc95
02-23-2015, 04:35 PM
I like Duragloss products a lot.

111 is the crown jewel in my eyes.

Combined with the bonding agent, layers can be applied subsequently, if you so desire.

Consider Aquawax for a "topper"/spray sealant.

The Guz
02-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax is their latest formula which is $18 at Autogeek. I used up the whole bottle I had and really enjoyed working with it. Doesn't stain trim, goes on really thin with a DA, easy on/off. Looks great on the paint. I haven't done much testing with layering products, I was using Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax (or D156) after weekly/biweekly washes and that combo was working great.

ULW does work great. It is layerable as is NXT 2.0. I've use M26 as toppers for both. With ULW/M26 I saw 8 months with the occasional D156 applied monthly. But I am in Southern California, so this of course will vary.

ULW will not stain trim as stated.

dlc95
02-23-2015, 06:25 PM
ULW does work great. It is layerable as is NXT 2.0. I've use M26 as toppers for both. With ULW/M26 I saw 8 months with the occasional D156 applied monthly. But I am in Southern California, so this of course will vary.

ULW will not stain trim as stated.

I don't know how, but I got a winter out of one application of NXT 2.0 a couple years ago. It squeaked by, but I was satisfied with it's performance, and still enjoy using it.