PDA

View Full Version : is my regime for paint good enough?

shadow536
02-21-2015, 02:27 PM
This is probably a commonly asked thing, but everyone has different methods and different results that they expect. So, I figure I'll give my method, explain the result I want, and you guys can tell me if I'm doing enough.

Twice a year:
1. Wash and dry
2. Pinnacle ultra poly clay
3. Blackfire Total Polish & Seal by hand

Once a month:
1. Wash and dry
2. Blackfire WDAFPP or Quick Detail (depends on LSP condition)

Now, my car is an outside daily driver. I do not expect it to look like Todd Helme just detailed it. I don't need it to look good in Mike's eyes. I just want it to look better than the average car on the road for years to come.

Is this good? I want to keep it nice in as few steps and little time as possible because I'm not an expert and keeping my car perfect would be quite the task. I just want the Wet Diamond to be able to bond as well as possible so that it lasts and I want it to look like how it does right now for years to come

Mask
02-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Frequent car care is easy car care by MP :)

Weekly wash follow by spray wax (depend on LSP condition)

mwoolfso
02-21-2015, 05:48 PM
If you are satisfied with the outcome then you are OK in my book. There are other options that come to mind, but nothing that I would say should replace what you are doing. Maybe you can save some additional $$$ and time with my suggestions.

Instead of #3 BFTPS, you could use something like Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, Mothers Pre-wax Cleaner. These are strong cleaners with ultra fine abrasives. I use both of them from time to time. You don't get the sealant traits but that is what WDAFPP layer is for. When I use these products, I go through 2 MF sponges on a sedan. They start bright-yellow and always end up grey'ish. :-)

An alternative to your once a month regimen is just wash and dry, and then once every other month apply a coat of Optimum Spray Wax; which is awesome in all respects and is a true wax.

wdmaccord
02-21-2015, 06:55 PM
My thoughts

This is probably a commonly asked thing, but everyone has different methods and different results that they expect. So, I figure I'll give my method, explain the result I want, and you guys can tell me if I'm doing enough.

Twice a year:
1. Wash and dry OK
2. Pinnacle ultra poly clay OK
3. Blackfire Total Polish & Seal by hand OK, but follow TPnS with BFWDAFPP (don't need to wait between TPnS and WD) and consider a couple coats of Crystal Seal after WD has cured for longer protection

Once a month: I would try to wash weekly with 2-3 washes per month being rinseless
1. Wash and dry OK
2. Blackfire WDAFPP or Quick Detail (depends on LSP condition) If you use BFWD at your twice a year detail, you can finish each wash with BF Polymer Spray or BF Midnight Sun Instant Detailer to keep layering the protection

Now, my car is an outside daily driver. I do not expect it to look like Todd Helme just detailed it. I don't need it to look good in Mike's eyes. I just want it to look better than the average car on the road for years to come.

Is this good? I want to keep it nice in as few steps and little time as possible because I'm not an expert and keeping my car perfect would be quite the task. I just want the Wet Diamond to be able to bond as well as possible so that it lasts and I want it to look like how it does right now for years to come