PDA

View Full Version : Trim restoration service

808_detail_nut
02-20-2015, 08:57 PM
To date I been just cleaning and applying 303 over trim on my details but I want to add a more permanent option to my customers. I'm stuck between Dlux and UTTG. Been doing research and both look like they work great but I was wondering what route to go. I know I could just order both but right now I'm just starting up and don't want to spend money if I don't need to. Also how much do you all charge for a trim restoration? Just figure I ask. Thanks.

Ebg18t
02-20-2015, 09:08 PM
I like and use UTTG for my trim. Holds up well, get a lot of treatments out of a bottle. It is easy to retreat as needed. No trouble with uneven applications. But dLux is a step up from UTTG, it will definitely last longer. I don't know much about the application.

I almost went to dLux this past order, but in reality I liked the UTTG and don't mind reapplying ever so often. I use it on my tires on the Touareg and I use CarPro Perl on my wifes car. Perl is more version, but doesn't last quite as long as UTTG. But either lasts longer than 303 when used on exterior trim. I am trying to streamline my products; So I like having a product that I can use on tires and exterior trim.

FUNX650
02-20-2015, 10:16 PM
To date I been just cleaning and applying 303 over trim on my details but I want to add a more permanent option to my customers.

right now I'm just starting up and don't want to spend money if I don't need to.
For a, as you termed: more permanent...(as in years and years)...trim restoration, here are two exceptional options:

-ValuGard's E.T.R. III Kit
-Gatorback Coatings

Bob

WRAPT C5Z06
02-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Of those two, Dlux, without a doubt.

james1
02-20-2015, 11:08 PM
For a, as you termed: more permanent...(as in years and years)...trim restoration, here are two exceptional options:

-Gatorback Coatings

Bob

Does Gatorback work that much better than Dlux?

FUNX650
02-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Does Gatorback work that much better than Dlux?
Yes.
Years worth of much better!

Bob

808_detail_nut
02-21-2015, 12:27 AM
Gator back looks pretty good but is is color dependant? I mean do I need to order a bunch of different colors?

808_detail_nut
02-21-2015, 12:44 AM
And how much would you charge for that service?

MikeC78
02-21-2015, 01:14 AM
Yes.

Bob

That's a pretty bold statement. I've never tried Gatorback, but DLux is the Beas knees.

808_detail_nut
02-21-2015, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the response guys. I think I'm going to go with d lux for now and maybe upgrade to gatorback later. It's order time again.

FUNX650
02-21-2015, 03:12 AM
That's a pretty bold statement.

Thank you.

To add:
I can (and will) say that the same bold statement
applies to ValuGard's E.T.R. III KIT. :xyxthumbs:

I've never tried Gatorback
I figured as much.

DLux is the Beas knees.
Are those Aunt Bea's knees?

Bob

WRAPT C5Z06
02-21-2015, 09:47 AM

-Gatorback Coatings

Bob

Bob,

Gatorback to be applied via spray gun or paint roller?

That's not ideal.

MikeC78
02-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Yes.

Bob

Thank you.

To add:
I can (and will) say that the same bold statement
applies to ValuGard's E.T.R. III KIT. :xyxthumbs:

I figured as much.

Are those Aunt Bea's knees?

Bob

Haven't tried my Aunt's. ;)

Jaretr1
02-21-2015, 11:06 AM
I use Dlux on the trim on my car and it easily lasts a year or longer in the intense South Florida sun.