PDA

View Full Version : Car Pro Products other than coatings

rlmccarty2000
02-20-2015, 08:11 PM
AG sent me 4 50ml bottles of Car Pro products, Eraser, Tar-x, So-Pure, and Fabric and Leather. I have never tried any Car Pro products and mostly have read about their coatings and Iron-x. Some of the reviews of the products are three years old so I am reluctant to go by these reviews. I am curious to see how many AGers out there use these products and how recently. Three years is a long time not to get a new review. These samples were my "free gift" from AG and I would appreciate some info.

Corey@OptimalDetailing
02-20-2015, 08:34 PM
AG sent me 4 50ml bottles of Car Pro products, Eraser, Tar-x, So-Pure, and Fabric and Leather. I have never tried any Car Pro products and mostly have read about their coatings and Iron-x. Some of the reviews of the products are three years old so I am reluctant to go by these reviews. I am curious to see how many AGers out there use these products and how recently. Three years is a long time not to get a new review. These samples were my "free gift" from AG and I would appreciate some info.

CarPro makes AWESOME products regardless of how old reviews are. If you ever have any questions, message CEE-DOG (Corey Caruth) and he will get you THE answers you're looking for. Of the above CarPro products, all are worth purchasing, let alone using at no cost to you. Beware, you'll be very tempted to purchase them once you run out of your current stock.

VP Mark
02-20-2015, 10:30 PM
Beware, you'll be very tempted to purchase them once you run out of your current stock.

This is the darn truth. After using CarPro stuff it is really hard to use much else. The more I try from them the more I replace products in my bag with theirs.

rlmccarty2000
02-21-2015, 12:00 AM
I feel confident with experimenting with the Car Pro items except for the fabric and leather sample. How does it both seal and breathe?

flatstick
02-21-2015, 08:13 AM
there are current reviews on the ceriglass and rayon glass polishing pads. if you are working on glass these two products are a must !

tedj101
02-21-2015, 09:52 AM
This is the darn truth. After using CarPro stuff it is really hard to use much else. The more I try from them the more I replace products in my bag with theirs.

+1 Each time I try another Carpro product I find myself sold. They just plain work!

<TED>

Jaretr1
02-21-2015, 10:43 AM
I have used many car pro products, and for the most part they are excellent. Some are finicky and a little on the difficult side to use, while others like Hydro2 are so easy, its laughable (what can be easier than spraying on and hosing off?)

Carpro loves: Hydro2, Eraser, Spotless, Reflect, IronX, Reset
Carpro ehs: PERL, Ceriglass
Carpro Dissapointments (for me at least) Flyby30, Forte

Paul A.
02-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Can't go wrong with CarPro products. I religiously use both Iron X and Eraser. Will be ordering CeriGlass in my next order because of my opinion of the former mentioned products. IMO, CarPro delivers what they promise.

firecorgi
02-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Car Pro makes some great products. Reset, Eraser, PERL, Reflect, TRIX, and Iron X are my favorites.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-21-2015, 04:22 PM
I use all those with great success.

DaveT435
02-21-2015, 06:01 PM
The so2pure really impressed me. Got rid of heavy smoke smell and kept it away. I really like the eraser, very pleasant smelling for that type of product. Those are the only two of those I have used. I also really like Reflect polish.

aim4squirrels
02-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Did I read in another thread about so2pure staining or discoloring dark plastics? That's the one thing that's held me back on trying it, otherwise it seems like an amazing product if it can do what it claims.

Can anyone out there definitively prove its safe with dark colors? My challenger has an all black/deep grey interior and I have been hesitant to try it based on the fear of staining or discoloring the plastics.

Pureshine
02-22-2015, 02:12 AM
Did I read in another thread about so2pure staining or discoloring dark plastics? That's the one thing that's held me back on trying it, otherwise it seems like an amazing product if it can do what it claims.

Can anyone out there definitively prove its safe with dark colors? My challenger has an all black/deep grey interior and I have been hesitant to try it based on the fear of staining or discoloring the plastics.

This is from the carpros website.

Does So2Pure liquid cause any fabric discoloration or any streaking effects on solid surfaces?

So2Pure liquid can be applied to fabrics, curtains, carpets, woods, tiles, ceramics, glass, even metal and painted surfaces. If the surface is exposed to direct sunlight, do not apply to black or very dark colored surfaces as the oxidation process can remove some pigments from surfaces. Indoor light is not strong enough to cause this oxidative reaction on fabrics and surfaces however. When spraying any surface with So2Pure liquid, it is always advisable to spray a small area first (test area) then allow to dry to make sure the solution does not react with the surface. Once you are confident that the fabric or material can safely be treated, spray the surface until it is completely moistened then wipe off with any type of MF to work the So2Pure liquid into the fabric or other. Allow the area to completely dry.

aim4squirrels
02-22-2015, 04:21 AM
Bummer. There's the answer. Oh well.

Pureshine
02-22-2015, 09:51 AM
Bummer. There's the answer. Oh well.

It's like with any product you should always do a test spot before applying. I mainly use on head liners and carpet with out any problems. I've used on black carpet a lot and haven't had a problem yet.