PDA

View Full Version : PB Wheel Sealant & Cleaners

Reddwarf
08-24-2007, 07:06 PM
I have a jar of PB Wheel Sealant. So far it is working very well. After two weeks and a two washes the wheels look great. Both washes only needed soap and water, I did not use a wheel cleaner. The wheels were not very dirty when I started either.

My question is, can I use a cleaner like P21S? Using P21S is so easy and effective that I would like to use it, but if it takes off the wheel sealant than that would not be good.

Anyone know?

Gary Sword
08-24-2007, 08:42 PM
I use P21s wheel cleaner and I assume it does take off the sealant. For that reason I don't use it everytime I wash my wheels. When the wheels are sealed they usually clean up pretty easy with just soap. When soap no longer does the job I clean them with P21s and then apply a sealant again.

How do you like PB Wheel Sealant Reddwarf? Does it go on and off easy?

Reddwarf
08-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Gary,

The PB Wheel Sealant went on as easy as the DP product but it was much easier to remove. That said, it is still not without some effort.

I emailed Poorboy's World with my question and here is the response I got:

"there really won't be a need for the wheel cleaner for a while to come...using just soap and water should be enough for a few months. I really couldn't say how much the p21s would weaken the wheel sealant, but I'm sure one or two uses won't completely take it off."

ScottB
08-25-2007, 09:06 AM
using any wheel cleaner will likely remove some/all of the wheel sealant. Thus why I suggest soap and water for three weeks and wheel cleaner on the 4th and reapplication of sealant. Easy monthly maintenance.

Reddwarf
08-25-2007, 09:16 AM
using any wheel cleaner will likely remove some/all of the wheel sealant. Thus why I suggest soap and water for three weeks and wheel cleaner on the 4th and reapplication of sealant. Easy monthly maintenance.

Sounds like a good plan! Thanks.