PDA

View Full Version : need to hide swirls (see explanations)

sunstealth
02-20-2015, 10:45 AM
like the title says, i need to hide swirls on a 2014 marlin blue hyundai santa fe sport. It is my father in law SUV and well let say the truck will inevitably be wrongly washed so polishing it is just wasting time. The vehicule is also parked 4 months of the year in the winter,under the trees in the mountain, the remaining time it is parked right next to the ocean with hard winds and sand flying around! (I hope you understand my charabia)

I have to my knowledge 4 products in my array which have filling properties.

meguiars NXT original
zymoil cleaner wax
autoglym super resin polish
meguiars colorX

I also have wolfgang rudolf wax (does it contain fillers ?? )
and meguiars 16

which one should i use , I am leaning toward the autoglym the "resin" in it seems to have some quite potent filling properties.

OCDetails
02-20-2015, 11:10 AM
The thing you need to understand about fillers is that they don't hide the swirls for very long. And they don't hide them very well... You are better off just cutting it properly and showing him that it is worth it to wash the car correctly so it can stay looking sharp. I've never used anything that hides swirls that really makes the paint look much better than really shiny swirled paint.

However, with that being said, NXT would be my choice for what you are trying to do. It has a little bit of cut to it to help actually remove some swirls, and then it has the fillers to help temporarily hide some others. The end result will be a slightly less swirled, but very shiny, vehicle. NXT looks great on blue.

The Guz
02-20-2015, 11:57 AM
With what you have go with colorx topped with NXT.

VP Mark
02-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Why hide them at all if they are going to come back quickly anyway. Just clay it and put some long term protection to keep it shiny. Most people would not know what a swirl is anyway, so if they don't care don't try to hide it.

Charleston
02-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Blackhole glaze topped with Natty's paste wax, or another wax with no cleaners/abrasives.