PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Top Coat

ScottB
08-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Got a quick chance to try this tonight, and I got birdie bombed on the hood and had several small sap areas. What I noted was there was absolutely no smell, or added gloss to this product. As of late all these products add gloss in an attempt to outshine (pun) one another.

I placed it between my fingers and noted some lubrication but nothing super slippery. The doo-doo came up with one wipe after being saturated as did the sap without issue. I like the locking nozzle and the misting effect it offered. Based on the bottles size, and quick wipe without streaking or issue, I will likely place in bag as my go-to for minor cleanups. I rather liked the no nonsense design. Sure its not cheap, but with Menzerna I have a good feeling only the best ingredients are added and no silicones or other additives that are not necessary. Since a little went along way, I just might consider replacing Mothers Showtime and Poorboys Spray/Wipe in my personal aersonal. I suggest a try .....

quantim0
08-24-2007, 08:37 PM
It's awefully expensive for a QD that doen't really do anything special. If it was about half the price I'd definitely give it a try, but not when it's 2x the price of other QDs.

Strokin04
08-24-2007, 08:40 PM
I will stick with DG 521 not only is it nicely priced but it works really good as well.

Al-53
08-24-2007, 09:10 PM
It's awefully expensive for a QD that doen't really do anything special. If it was about half the price I'd definitely give it a try, but not when it's 2x the price of other QDs.

my impression of the Top Inspection was to use after polishing to inspect your work....I did not think it was used as a QD but more of a paint cleaner spray to use to clean panels after a polishing....sorat like a alc/water wipe down product....

AL

Mr Dream Machines
08-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Nothing beats aussie gold mate. even removes swirls.

Strokin04
08-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Nothing beats aussie gold mate. even removes swirls.

Do you mean fill swirls?:confused:

TOGWT
08-25-2007, 02:53 AM
my impression of the Top Inspection was to use after polishing to inspect your work....I did not think it was used as a QD but more of a paint cleaner spray to use to clean panels after a polishing....sorat like a alc/water wipe down product....

AL

That was my understanding- To inspect your work, use Menzerna Top Inspection, a water-based cleaner that removes dust left by compounding so you can see the real results of your work. There are no silicones or fillers, just gentle cleaning agents to uncover the real condition of your vehicle’s paint.

If you have deep pockets and it works for you as a QD, more power to you . . .

Mr Dream Machines
08-25-2007, 03:49 AM
I'm not sure yet. They haven't come back but it could take a few washes
And boy it sure is slick. Better than claying slick

HighEndDetail
08-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks Scott, for your thoughts on the Top Inspection

ScottB
08-25-2007, 09:07 AM

AL

it actually doubles as both, but you are very correct on the design from Menzerna. It was made to replace Megs Final Inspection on the manufacturers line.

let me note it did not appear to remove any cured sealant on truck however, as normally it would cloud and need a buffing. It did not do this, nor did it disappate as quickly as alcohol/water or prepsol does.

dengood1
08-25-2007, 12:05 PM
That was my understanding- To inspect your work, use Menzerna Top Inspection, a water-based cleaner that removes dust left by compounding so you can see the real results of your work. There are no silicones or fillers, just gentle cleaning agents to uncover the real condition of your vehicle’s paint.

If you have deep pockets and it works for you as a QD, more power to you . . .

:iagree: