PDA

View Full Version : Clear bra on hood developing bubbles

Clifford
02-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Hello all! I just ordered a bunch of goodies for my new 13 Subaru STI that I was going to use this weekend-Porter DA/Menzerna sf-4000, Wolfgang sealant, etc...but I ran into an issue. The front end has a clear bra half way up, including the hood scoop. The lower part of the hood scoop is developing bubbles, I noticed this because when I picked it up from the dealer there was water sitting in the film. The only resolution I can think of for this is to remove the small strip of clear bra to prevent any water damage, but how do I go about doing this?

I was thinking a heat gun just waving it over and peeling it back, but I figure someone else with more experience would be able to chime in to reduce the amount of residue left behind and such.

It'll be a cool night tomorrow so I figure I'll knock that out and save the detail for Saturday!

Thanks for any input.

swanicyouth
02-20-2015, 07:22 AM
If there are bubbles under you clear bra, I'm sorry to tell you the only option is to remove or replace the clear bra. You can't pull it back and put it back on. It won't re-stick in a durable manner.

Mike lambert
02-20-2015, 08:04 AM
Warm it with a hairdryer or carefully with a heat gun.it will come right off,it will need to be replaced. You may have some adhesive left over which you will need to remove.

Clifford
02-20-2015, 08:45 AM
I figured it'd have to be removed. Can I use some goo gone to take off the adhesive followed by a wash? It's just the lower part of the hood scoop so I'm too worried about reapplying it. I figure the wrap will be similar to taking off window tint, just slow and steady.