PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Removal

Jersey John
02-18-2015, 11:03 AM
So its a while off until its warm enough to detail here in North Jersey, but once its warm enough I'm going to do my first swirl removal with a DA and was wondering if anybody had any tips. I've read the articles by Mike Phillips, but I was wondering if any of the pros out there had any tips or tricks.
Thanks in advance. :buffing:

Paul A.
02-18-2015, 03:39 PM
John, between Mike's articles and videos you have everything you need. If i can ask, what machine, pads and compounds/polishes are you planning to use and on what specific subject vehicle?

Setec Astronomy
02-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Are you in NJ? Where?

Jersey John
02-18-2015, 05:15 PM
John, between Mike's articles and videos you have everything you need. If i can ask, what machine, pads and compounds/polishes are you planning to use and on what specific subject vehicle?

I'm using a Harbor Freight DA since its my first DA and I'll be using a mixture of Meguiars and Gtechniq products. I also got some Chemical Guys Hex Logic and Lake Country CCS pads. The car varies and so will my use of compound following Mike's advice of using the least aggressive product first.

Jersey John
02-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Are you in NJ? Where?

Yep in Montville, NJ.

Setec Astronomy
02-18-2015, 05:28 PM
Well, we have some Jersey members, we always talk about having a meetup. Also Poorboy's World up in Nyack usually has a detailing weekend in June where you can get some hands-on and observe other people, that should only be like a half hour north of you.