PDA

View Full Version : new pressure washer or new pump

gregory1420
02-17-2015, 08:48 PM
I have a home owners pressure washer that is 9yrs old the engine is a gc190 the engine runs fine but this is the 3rd pump the unit needs. the pump is 149.00. do I spend that on another pump or buy a better pressure washer that has a gx200 motor and a ar tri-plex pump on a aluminum frame. the pump has a 5yr warranty and comes with a 50' 3/8" hose..

I am tired of buying pumps for this unit I am afraid the motor might take a dump after I buy the pump..

what would you guys do?

I'm leaning towards just buying a new unit but its over $800.00

I don't detail for a living this would be a home owner pressure washer to wash my super duty and the wife's car and the house..

jshaf
02-17-2015, 09:03 PM
just bought an Electric one, Sun Joe spx3000, should be delivered tomorrow, has 2030 PSI. got it for cleaning side walks, Siding, drive way, and of course semi regular car washes of three or four cars/trucks. figured for 188 and for light to medium cleaning choirs this would be plenty enough. plus electric is more quiet and requires less maintenance. my 2 cents

Goin Rogue
02-18-2015, 01:38 AM
I recently purchased a Sun Joe also and it works great. My Autogeek foam cannon works perfectly and it is plenty powerful for around the house cleaning. I pressure washed my sidewalk as a test and it did great. Now I just need to do the drive way and house. It also has a quick connect wand so attachments go on easy.

rwisejr
02-18-2015, 07:18 AM
I would lean more for a new unit. You got your monies worth from the old one.

mikesal57
02-18-2015, 08:17 AM
If your happy with the performance than buy the pump...

It lasted 9 years....

I doubt that any $200-300 PW these days will last 9 years

gregory1420
02-18-2015, 07:01 PM
i got it for 369.99 at Costco 9yrs ago since I got it I've replaced the hose with a longer goodyear hose I've already replaced the pump once and now it needs another one.. I'm leaning towards a new one that alittle bit heavier duty..that way I buy it once

tuscarora dave
02-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Check out kleen-ritecorp.com you'll find a much better machine for $800 there. They have a massive selection of pumps and other interesting equipment there as well.

jshaf
02-18-2015, 08:42 PM
I recently purchased a Sun Joe also and it works great. My Autogeek foam cannon works perfectly and it is plenty powerful for around the house cleaning. I pressure washed my sidewalk as a test and it did great. Now I just need to do the drive way and house. It also has a quick connect wand so attachments go on easy.

just assembled mine, like the ease of connections, build seems good. will be a couple months til I take it out and test it out!