PDA

View Full Version : DG 521 Cleaning Ability

ricka
08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
I really like the product on my car, but it came in handy for another application. Was rushing out to a tee time and realized my golf shoes were filthy. In a pinch, I sprayed a little 521 on a MF and wiped the shoes down. Came out great, and even removed stains I couldn't get out before and also left a nice little gloss on them...

I'd say its cleaning ability works quite well.

MrBenz
08-24-2007, 11:09 AM
interesting...i called duragloss yesterday to ask what the difference is between AW and #521. #521 is a cleaner more than a QD. Use it to remove dirt etc, from your car between washings....guess it works just great on lots of stuff that needs cleaning.

muddy
08-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I really like the product on my car, but it came in handy for another application. Was rushing out to a tee time and realized my golf shoes were filthy. In a pinch, I sprayed a little 521 on a MF and wiped the shoes down. Came out great, and even removed stains I couldn't get out before and also left a nice little gloss on them...

I'd say its cleaning ability works quite well.
I am still loving my #521 for some of its cleaning ability, but also the fact it leaves a great shine at the same time. The anti-static qualities work pretty well too.
I have noticed though that it seems to not quite be as strong as the only other QD'er I have ever used, which was Meg's regular Quick Detailer.
It seems to have worked really well for you for cleaning your golf shoes...have you noticed any strengths/weaknesses compared to other QD'ers on your vehicle?
I am not shaking the bottle, and usually using 2 full trigger pumps for the hood.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-24-2007, 02:40 PM
interesting...i called duragloss yesterday to ask what the difference is between AW and #521. #521 is a cleaner more than a QD. Use it to remove dirt etc, from your car between washings....guess it works just great on lots of stuff that needs cleaning.

Not sure if you were suggesting that you use AW as a QD but if so, that would not be the best wat to use it.

Applying AW more than montly can lead to cloudy/hazy/darkened/muted paint finish.

Ask me how I know...:mad:

ricka
08-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Muddy,

I've used both the 521 and Meg UQD. The Meg is a nice QD although not quite the cleaner 521 is and is more expensive. In addition, I add about 1 oz of AW in the 521 (per suggestion from Al-53) and it seems to be the best of both worlds for cleaning and sealent between washings and haven't seen buildup problems with the AW. Use the AW only after washings though. Also use the 521/AW on my wheels for touch up and works great. And, the 521/AW appears to have decent anti-static qualities between washes.

I always shake the bottles of everything I use. Seems to mix better to me.

For some reason, the Meg alone attracts bugs like crazy. Must be the sweet scent.

ZoranC
08-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Pictures and process, please.

Pats300zx
08-24-2007, 03:18 PM
I just picked up some 521 and 501 today. I can't wait to give them a try this weekend.

muddy
08-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Muddy,

I've used both the 521 and Meg UQD. The Meg is a nice QD although not quite the cleaner 521 is and is more expensive. In addition, I add about 1 oz of AW in the 521 (per suggestion from Al-53) and it seems to be the best of both worlds for cleaning and sealent between washings and haven't seen buildup problems with the AW. Use the AW only after washings though. Also use the 521/AW on my wheels for touch up and works great. And, the 521/AW appears to have decent anti-static qualities between washes.

I always shake the bottles of everything I use. Seems to mix better to me.

For some reason, the Meg alone attracts bugs like crazy. Must be the sweet scent.
Thanks for the feedback ricka...I will be sure to shake the bottle, and maybe give the 521/AW mix a shot. Even without the AW mixed in, I have found that 521 produces a great pop and shine as can be seen in the thread I started a little while back http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/8623-521-im-hooked.html

I had never actually used Meg's UQD I only used their plain older Quick Detailer which I think was meant more for it's cleaning ability than UQD.

Heck, I really have no complaints about #521 overall, I just really don't have anything to compare it to either except the QD I tried before lol. I was just curious to see how it compares to other QD+. I am just nitpicking. :D:D:D

Bunky
08-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I have used Meg's QD a lot (claying, general cleaning) and it seems like a decent cleaner with a nice scent. It worked as expected -- a cleaner for bugs, water spots, etc. I have also used Mothers Showtime and it left a much slicker surface so it is more than just a cleaner. I viewed Meg's UQD as the bridge between cleaner and spray wax.

Al-53
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Not sure if you were suggesting that you use AW as a QD but if so, that would not be the best wat to use it.

Applying AW more than montly can lead to cloudy/hazy/darkened/muted paint finish.

Ask me how I know...:mad:

AW has no cleaners...and very little lube properties..so never try to use it as a clay lube....

521 is a cleaner QD like 921..but a little more cleaners....plus a little more UV and protection ingredients....its made to exposed to salt and fresh water enviorments...

and yes..SHAKE the bottle....

Al