PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz UK problems????

luv a shine
02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
I was called to install cquartz UK on a merc e63 AMG .

The process :

Washed
Clayed
Compound
Polished
Eraser wipe down twice
UK

The customer called me back for a few cloudy milky spots. I went to the customers house and fixed the spots under LED lighting. Three weeks later (today) I shoot him a text to ask him how's the car and said there is more milky stop all over the car. I am almost ready to give up on Quartz coating altogether. I really like the coating but I am having nothing but problems

top189h
02-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Just a guess but is he washing the car? If so, I've seen a couple if soaps and rinseless washes leave a film behind that is hazey looking.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-13-2015, 08:03 PM
^^^ This. Especially if he goes through tbe touchless that leaves wax.

Mike lambert
02-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Did they wash it before 7 days of curing,or did it get wet before 24 hours. I don't care what they say,you need to keep it dry for 24 hours and no soap for 7 days. Not just the carpro ,but any coatings if you read all the recommendations.

luv a shine
02-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Customer said that he waited two weeks before washing it and hasn't gone trough automatic washes

originalgoods13
02-14-2015, 11:09 PM
I had similar issues appearing using a nano coat and I accepted this as a hit or miss and nothing the customer or detailer has done wrong

With this technology, it will be tough to get the application perfect as there are so many variables and these products are quite new tech

Avi@CarPro
02-15-2015, 09:06 AM
I was called to install cquartz UK on a merc e63 AMG .

The process :

Washed
Clayed
Compound
Polished
Eraser wipe down twice
UK

The customer called me back for a few cloudy milky spots. I went to the customers house and fixed the spots under LED lighting. Three weeks later (today) I shoot him a text to ask him how's the car and said there is more milky stop all over the car. I am almost ready to give up on Quartz coating altogether. I really like the coating but I am having nothing but problems
Hi
if you need some help how to use it well without big issues or solving your customer problem you can contact me directly and we'll see how we can help.
if the car, after you inspected and fixed his hazy spots ,was perfectly clear shine there couldnt be possible milky spots popping afterword.

luv a shine
02-15-2015, 11:01 AM
You info please