PDA

View Full Version : Boiled linting MF...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

A1monky
08-24-2007, 07:48 AM
I boiled my cobra green multi purpose towel. Its was linting really bad after about 2 years of use. I simply boiled it for about 20 mins. The water turned purple and was soapy. It seem that the boiling water absorbed all the soap and chemicals that I have used in the past. It did dull the color alittle, but noe enough to cause alarm. Last night I tryed the newly boiled towel for QD my black car. And NO MORE LINT! Just to make sure this was not a fluke. I tryed my other green MFs that I did not boil. And, they still linted. I guess this works. I am going to boil my other green towels today.
There you go, try boiling your linting MFs. You have nothing to lose.

bambo2888
08-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Yep! Ive been a long time believer of this. Works good!

Surfer
08-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Guess I'll be boiling my micros lol.

Jimmie
08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Ditto. How long did you boil them?

67Customs
08-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes. Process?

P1et
08-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Damn, not a bad idea. And you're right, you have nothing to lose since you'd be using them for wheels/doorjambs at this point anyways.

Thanks for the tip!

A1monky
08-24-2007, 01:56 PM
I boiled them for about 20 mins. I used a large saucepan, and filled it about half way with water. I only did one, and have 2 more to try. I did not stir it at all. I am very happy with the results. If I didnt tell you I boiled them, you wouldnt notice by looking at them.
It saves me alot of money. Hell, 3 MF towels, thats like 15 bucks. I plan on using them on interiors, and door jams etc.

Surfer
08-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I boiled them for about 20 mins. I used a large saucepan, and filled it about half way with water. I only did one, and have 2 more to try. I did not stir it at all. I am very happy with the results. If I didnt tell you I boiled them, you wouldnt notice by looking at them.
It saves me alot of money. Hell, 3 MF towels, thats like 15 bucks. I plan on using them on interiors, and door jams etc.Add some regu?

joe.p
08-24-2007, 02:10 PM
when using the sauce pan do you add a touch of marinara sauce ;)

actually placing your towels in boiling water is another way of rejuvenating your towels..i had to boil mine after they got mixed in with fabric sheets..on some occasions i'll add a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the 2nd rinse..

A1monky
08-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Add some regu?

U should have seen the purple goo that the water turned into after I was done. It was weird enough to make your stomach turn.

Surfer
08-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Everyone seems to say boiling works, wonder how boiling stops the lint though?

joe.p
08-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Everyone seems to say boiling works, wonder how boiling stops the lint though?I agree with Pimp Daddy :p
you would think washing before prior use would take care of the linting..

i boiled my b/c of the fabric sheets..i use the vinegar in hopes of removing any left over sealants/wax that may build up on the towels..

klumzypinoy
08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I should boil mine :) I would think that if the MF touches the bottom of the pan it would be too hot... I think I'll boil my linting Cobra Jr right now.

A1monky
08-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I should boil mine :) I would think that if the MF touches the bottom of the pan it would be too hot... I think I'll boil my linting Cobra Jr right now.

I thought about the same thing, but I never really stirred up the towel. I just let it boil, no burn marks. I dont know how it works eather. All I know is my towel linted before I boiled it, and now its doesnt...

pirex
08-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the tip :D