PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on Rinseless Wash

Shredmonster
02-13-2015, 11:39 AM
In the how to's on the forum it mentions a wash mitt when doing washless yet the pictures show a micro towel.

I have mitts but I don't have wash towels specifically for rinseless.

Does it matter whether I use a mitt or a towel ?

parttimer
02-13-2015, 12:05 PM
With a mitt your run the risk of re-introducing debris. I use about 10 towels, I just toss them in the rinseless bucket and use them.

Nomadsto
02-13-2015, 12:34 PM
I also use MF towels. Safer than mitt with 2BM imo.

FUNX650
02-13-2015, 12:47 PM
There are so many variations on:
how to "properly" rinseless-wash vehicles.
Using mitts, MF towels, sponges are just other variables.

Nothing is set in stone: Experiment.
That'll let you know what is "best" for you, IMO.

Bob

FFguy808
02-13-2015, 01:00 PM
U can use a wash mitt, I been using a microfiber chenele wash mitt for 4 years now on rinse less washes with the two-bucket method with grit guards.

Kamakaz1961
02-13-2015, 01:10 PM
There are so many variations on:
how to "properly" rinseless-wash vehicles.
Using mitts, MF towels, sponges are just other variables.

Nothing is set in stone: Experiment.
That'll let you know what is "best" for you, IMO.

Bob

:iagree: 100% I experimented and found that I prefer the MF Mitt or the Microfiber Madness Wash Mitt. I do not like the MF towel method. I do a little variation on my RW technique which IMO is better than the standard 2-bucket/grit guard method.

But as Bob said I learned that through experimenting.

parttimer
02-13-2015, 01:56 PM
The problem with a 2 bucket rinseless is when you rinse your mitt in the fresh water, unless you dry it, you are adding water to the rinseless mixture, diluting it. I don't know how much water a good mitt can hold but dunk it a dozen times you are removing solution and adding plain water further diluting the mix.

Crispy
02-24-2015, 10:13 PM
I used the sponge that came with the 2 bucket method of washing car. Used the first mixture 2 months no problems. I ring it out in the rinse so there is no water going into the solution bucket.

FocusSTguy
02-24-2015, 10:38 PM
I just tried a combo method today. I pre soaked 3 towels in my wash bucket then took them out and put them in a plastic container. I prefer using a mitt but the car gets so dirty so quickly I don't like using it on the really dirty parts so I used a mitt on the upper 2/3 and the towel method on the bottom.

Real Riders
02-25-2015, 01:52 AM
I use the Big Red Sponge. It releases dirt quickly and you only need one bucket with ONR. It also saves your microfiber towels and there is no laundry like you have with towels

frankprozzoly
02-25-2015, 03:51 AM
The problem with a 2 bucket rinseless is when you rinse your mitt in the fresh water, unless you dry it, you are adding water to the rinseless mixture, diluting it. I don't know how much water a good mitt can hold but dunk it a dozen times you are removing solution and adding plain water further diluting the mix.

I put a little express wash in both buckets to help clean the mitt better