PDA

View Full Version : lake country or ?

chachi94
02-10-2015, 05:15 PM
I have a Harbor frieght DA but i want to change the backing plate. So am thinking of going with the Lake Country 5'in bp and gettting the 5.5'in flat pads by lake contry as well.

Good choice or any other suggestions? Feed back please

02-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Great choice!

chachi94
02-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Tnx for the quick feedback!

Foud this bp on amazon "Astro Pneumatic 4607 5" PU Velcro Backing Pad
" cant beat the $10 price and has 4 1/2 stars. Is it any good??

02-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Should work fine...

Eandras
02-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Good choice

dlc95
02-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Buff and Shine, Lake Country, Meguiar's... You'll be in good hands.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Meguiars 5" cutting and polishing foam pads.

custmsprty
02-10-2015, 08:51 PM
I have a Harbor frieght DA but i want to change the backing plate. So am thinking of going with the Lake Country 5'in bp and gettting the 5.5'in flat pads by lake contry as well.

Good choice or any other suggestions? Feed back please

:dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

cardaddy
02-10-2015, 09:21 PM
If Lake Country did anything similar to what Meguiar's did with theirs, then the backing plate is cut/designed/from the same cloth as their pads. Which will make for a better, tighter, longer lasting grip on the pad.

Meguiar's had a problem with their Microfiber pads back in their infancy, the pads were getting a reputation for coming apart. More succinctly, they were overheating and falling apart. The engineers at Meguiar's took it to task, got their heads together, and figured out that it wasn't so much heat on the 'face' of the pad, but moreover between the pad and backing plate, (inside the Velcro itself). So they redesigned the pads, and made the backing plate an entire system, then came out with a new improved pad that was built to be PART of the "Microfiber Correction System". Since then they've not had the failures they had in the beginning. And to boot, the "system" is an absolute dream to work with. :dblthumb2:

chachi94
02-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Tnx everyone! :dblthumb2:

MarkD51
02-11-2015, 06:53 PM
A smooth move!
As for the combo of Lake Country Backing Plate, and their Pads, after use, and trying to get a pad off, you literally need a chisel and hammer! They stay stuck but good, and in fact, I'd suggest excersizing some care when removing, to carefully-slowly peel the pad off.

That one might actually do more pad damage with haphazard reckless removal than the polishing uses.

cardaddy
02-11-2015, 11:20 PM
A smooth move!
As for the combo of Lake Country Backing Plate, and their Pads, after use, and trying to get a pad off, you literally need a chisel and hammer! They stay stuck but good, and in fact, I'd suggest excersizing some care when removing, to carefully-slowly peel the pad off.

That one might actually do more pad damage with haphazard reckless removal than the polishing uses.

Funny you say that Mark. Whaddya' think about how the Rupes plate "grips"? Other pads it holds on like crazy but their pads.... OMG! :eek:

First time I ever thought I was going to rip a foam pad apart was trying to get it off the Duetto. And you can FORGET about getting one of their microfiber pads off right after doing a panel with it. That combo of a latex based foam backing on those pads with the death grip velcro. Pull that puppy before it totally cools down and It'll destroy one faster than you can blurt out "HE-P me Jesus". ;) (Don't even ask me how I know.) :laughing:

haris300
02-11-2015, 11:26 PM
I would avoid the Astro Pneumatic backing plates. They do not dissipate heat quickly from my personal experience. I had one of these a few years ago and immediately swapped it for a Lake Country backing plate which cooled down much faster. Heat is not your friend when polishing.