PDA

View Full Version : Budget extractor - water not hot

98LowRanger
02-09-2015, 11:24 PM
So I recently picked up a Durrmaid BASIC 1500 Hot water extractor (Chemical Guys EQP_1500W - Extractor Durrmaid Basic 1500 Hot Water Extractor & Vacuum with Tools (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Durrmaid_Basic_1500_Hot_Water_Extractor_p/eqp_1500w.htm)) gently used. The guy I bought it from said he used it only a few times and it showed as it still looked almost new. Upon experimenting with it I noticed that the water coming out at the nozzle isn't hot....in fact it's not even luke warm. I know from my steamer the benefits of hot water in cleaning so this was pretty disappointing. I am allowing the unit to get up to temperature (a light turns off indicating it's up to the 190-212 degrees) which takes approximately 20 minutes. The water inside the extractor tank is HOT and feeling the hose where it exits the tank is warm on the outside as well. As I run my hand down the hose it cools down within a few feet of the tank. The hose is fairly long so do you guys think the water is cooling off inside the hose before it reaches the nozzle? I thought about shortening it some, but I don't want to make it too short as it will be hard to bring far into cars without lugging the whole extractor/tank inside the vehicle with me. Anyone else by chance have this same extractor (nobody replied that they did when I asked about it a few months ago) or had a similar problem from theirs?

I know you pay for what you get and I'm sure the $1200+ units work amazing, but doing this part time I simply could not put that kind of money into one. If I can't get any hot water out of this one then it will still be better then my only by hand shampooing method. Just a little disappointing as the hot water option was one of the main reasons I went after it and passed up on a few cheaper models that do not have hot water.

98LowRanger
02-10-2015, 07:30 AM
Any ideas? :(

Setec Astronomy
02-10-2015, 07:41 AM
Even with one of those "expensive" extractors, it's recommended that you circulate the water through the hose back into the tank to expel the cold water from the hose and warm up the hose and fittings.