PDA

View Full Version : Engine detail on Honda Fit

Wolfang
02-09-2015, 02:49 PM
I rarely do any engine detail as they can't keep that clean for a long time.

However, here in Mexico, dust is everywhere, so I had to detail my cars engine bay and took a few shots of it.

Hope you like it.. products used:

Pressure Washer
Metro Blaster Sidekick air blower (amazing tool)
P21s TAW
Swissvax brushes
MF Towels
CarPro Perl
CarPro Reflect
Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Engine Detail on Honda Fit - YouTube (http://youtu.be/388t1udgfcA)

Vegas Transplant
02-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Being motivated.
Raining here (SC) at the moment.

Good job! Thanks for posting your work!

Wolfang
02-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Being motivated.
Raining here (SC) at the moment.

Good job! Thanks for posting your work!

Thanks VT!

Rain is good.. I enjoy watching the car beading when it rains. haha.

:xyxthumbs:

Vegas Transplant
02-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Yes.
But this car is 17 years old. Excellent mechanical condition. I bought it in December in Virginia and it arrived here in South Carolina last week while I was away. Every paint issue known to man. Dirt and filth everywhere. Heavy tobacco smoker vehicle.

I bought it as basic transportation as it will sit months at a time at tanker facility until called upon for service.

After viewing your video, I decided to start with the engine bay first. No hurry as I have six days to get 'er done.

Wolfang
02-12-2015, 12:47 PM
well, let us know how it turns out.

6 days is a perfect time to get things done right. I try to do mine but sometimes I'm just too tired and end up just washing the car and apply a quick detail for extra gloss.

CaveRacing
02-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Nice results! Thanks for posting the video, too.

Polished Detail
02-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Awesome work. Personally, I love to see a well detailed engine bay. It really brings a finished look to the job and even though many people shy away from it, I gladly accept the engine challenge.

Keep up the great work! :props:

Wolfang
02-16-2015, 10:05 AM
Nice results! Thanks for posting the video, too.

Thank you.

Awesome work. Personally, I love to see a well detailed engine bay. It really brings a finished look to the job and even though many people shy away from it, I gladly accept the engine challenge.

Keep up the great work! :props:

Thanks,

and I notice either people are intimidated to touch and engine, or people who are not careful when detailing an engine.

There are many DIY videos out there that shows the do's and don't but if anyone need any tips just let me know.