PDA

View Full Version : Quick detailer instead of car wash?

winggx
02-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Instead of the tradition two bucket wash, can I just use the water pressure gun to get most of the dirt off the car, then pat dry with microfibre towel, and use quick detailer to do the rest of the cleaning?

FUNX650
02-09-2015, 02:12 PM
I do...So can you. :)
Just follow these guidelines:

Waterless Car Wash
A waterless car wash is where you use a high lubricity pre-mixed spray detailer to heavily saturate a panel and then carefully wipe any dirt or road grime off to a dry shine. The key to working safely with a waterless car wash is to use plenty of clean, microfiber polishing towels and after using all 8 sides of a microfiber towel, quit using the microfiber towel and switch to a new, clean microfiber polishing towel so you don't simply transfer dirt removed from one panel to another panel.

Note:
While spray detailers are first and foremost positioned as products for removing light dust, if used wet or heavy and with good technique, that can substitute for a high lubricity waterless wash. Use your own judgment.

Bob

Kamakaz1961
02-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the info Bob. I usually do a rinseless wash if my ride is dusty. I will have a spray bottle and saturate each panel and then do the RW.

As for a waterless wash....I will probably not do that.

FUNX650
02-09-2015, 02:24 PM
As for a waterless wash....I will probably not do that.
Understood. But:
Isn't a waterless-wash "more concentrated"/(less diluted) than a rinseless-wash?

Bob

Kamakaz1961
02-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Bob, I think so. When I do my rinseless wash I use 2-bucket/2-grit guard method along with a spray bottle saturating each panel. IMO, it is overkill but I would rather be safe than sorry.

A waterless wash to me is no buckets/gritguards and saturate the panel and dry with a MF towel. In rare cases, I will do it if my car has only slight dust.

This is my interpretation of a waterless wash.