PDA

View Full Version : Product Help

kcochran0010
02-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Okay everyone. I was gonna do a big order on chemical guys but I was wondering if there are better products out there in the same price range. I'm looking to spend about $200 plus the cost of a DA polisher pads and polish.

Looking for good products such as
Soaps
Wax
Sealants
Microfibers
Wheel brushes
APC
Degreaser

Etc. basic detailing needs. Wanting to stock up for summer.

Any help and or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Kamakaz1961
02-09-2015, 01:22 PM
IMO there are many other products out there that are better than Chemical Guys. I no longer have or carry any Chemical Guys products. I do believe they are good products, I just feel there are better.

There are a plethora of products to choose from AGO. Any of PBMG products are way better. Pinnacle, DP, Blackfire, Wolfgang, or any of their brands will do. Meguiar's, Poorboys, Dodo Juice, etc.

I wouldn't be able to give you a recommendation on which.

All that being said....if you want to stick with Chemical Guys....that can be your choice too. Anything that AGO sells can be rest assured they have been tested and meet their expectations.

kcochran0010
02-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Awesome. Thank you !

Bill1234
02-09-2015, 04:09 PM
The only thing I buy from Chemical guys is the soap which I might switch from. Go economical really on things. Buy apc in gallons and I use 2 daytona speed masters small and large-one tire stiff quickie brush, and two face brushes from either mothers or boars hair.

Microfiber is just costco and wax is 99 percent of the time a collinite branded product. I dont go too crazy. I just buy what I need and try to get the most for my money.

actuator_mz3
02-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Harbor Freight DA
5.5 Lake County pads and backing plate
Wolfgang 4 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/74198-wolfgang-four.html)
Speed master wheel brushes

All the other items I would be okay with using Chemical Guys products, (wax, microfiber (debatable), apc and degreaser)

Niblick
02-09-2015, 04:56 PM
chemical guys fabric sealant is excellent. that and their bare bones undercarriage spray, which i use for dressing wheel wells is about all i use of their stuff. That said, i tried and liked their optical clarity polishes last year.

cardaddy
02-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Okay everyone. I was gonna do a big order on chemical guys but I was wondering if there are better products out there in the same price range. I'm looking to spend about $200 plus the cost of a DA polisher pads and polish.

Soaps
Wax
Sealants
Microfibers
Wheel brushes
APC
Degreaser

CG Mr. Pink and Honeydew are about the only things you'd want.

Wax; If you must, Meguiar's M26 Yellow Wax (which is a hybrid sealant wax). It has incredible depth and gloss.

Instead, go with a sealant. Over the counter, Meguiar's M21 2.0. Online, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (or Menzerna Power Lock).

Microfiber; Microfiber Tech 360 gsm dual-plush, 530 gsm dual-plush and for the nice stuff, their 470 gsm Korean split weave edgeless towel. (That one is actually a 513 gsm, but Ian still uses 470 in his description as that is what the early ones were in 2013.) Another choice is The Rag Company.

Wheel brushes; Wheel Woolies (especially if you have painted wheels) or the large and small Daytona brushes. Another brush for wheels that cleans around lug nuts, or if you have multi-piece wheels with all the little bolts, would be the 1" boars hair with the black plastic handle.

You'd also do good to get the Mother's long handle brushes, or even the 3 brush set. If not the 3 brush set, then get the Carrand tire brush. Also get the Carrand tire gel applicator brushes (2 to a pack).

Degreaser; Purple Power. You'll want a good APC though. Meguiar's 101 is one and Duragloss also makes a good one. I started using that one (along with Meguiar's and others) last fall as it can be diluted twice as much as anything else out there.

Ebg18t
02-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I always wonder why people are so enamoured with Chemical Guys stuff.

kcochran0010
02-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Thanks every one for the tips. Time to start doing my research.

And as far as wanting the chemical guys I thinks it's because it was easy to find info on all over YouTube.

The Guz
02-09-2015, 10:01 PM
My recommendations. This should save you a little money.

Soaps - Meguiar's D110 Hyperwash
Wax - Meguiar's M26
Sealants - Meguiar's M21 or Ultimate Wax (over the counter)
Microfibers - Head over to The Rag Company
Wheel brushes - Wheel Woolies or Speed master.
APC - Meguiar's D101
Degreaser - Meguiar's D108

Ebg18t
02-10-2015, 06:25 AM

Soaps
Wax
Sealants
Microfibers
Wheel brushes
APC
Degreaser

My suggestion is:

Soaps = 2 bucket was method (YouTube Garry Dean) with infinite Use a Detail Juice - this is a rinseless wash, dry with a waffle towel
Quick detailer = infinite Use Detail Juice - adds protection, removes spots from drying and nice shine
Polish/Compound= Menzerna AIO, XMT360, Garry Dean AIO - it's simple & works.
Sealants = Menzerna PL or Garry Dean Juice Boost (WOWA) - you tube Juice Boost. Menzerna PL has been a solid stand by for me.
Microfibers = there are so many options. Get a bulk pack on special of ~ 500gr towels
Wheel brushes = Wheel Woolies
Tires = CarPro Perl

Snake82
02-10-2015, 10:13 AM
If A-geek sells it, it's perfectly fine. Not everyone is going to prefer the same products.