PDA

View Full Version : confused about surf city

orionz06
08-23-2007, 10:31 PM
i have my swirl removal in check

what i am confused about is the surf city sealant and glaze....the glaze over the sealant.....

what about multiplt sealant coats? or glaze coats....im looking for max protection.....

will top with souveran now, collinite for winter over this prep....

any suggestions...non metallic white car (vw)

ScottB
08-24-2007, 06:54 AM
I believe it was designed this way to add more gloss and depth to the sealant. Hopefully they will chime in this morning, as they are a forum sponsor now also.

Surf_City_Garage_Tech
08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I believe it was designed this way to add more gloss and depth to the sealant. Hopefully they will chime in this morning, as they are a forum sponsor now also.
Killrwheels & orionz06 --

Here is some more detailed info. Nano Seal is designed to completely seal the surface of the paint. It uses a combination of very high grade carnauba, blended polymers and synthetic sealers.

You should apply Nano Seal to a clean surface. We cover all the painted surfaces on the car. If you have the time, let it sit overnight. If not, you will get at least 90% of the pores (probably more) sealed in 20 minutes.

When it's time to remove that, we use Nano Shine Glaze Coat. Apply to an MF applicator and use it the same way you would for applying any other wax. Apply the Glaze and it rehydrates the Protective Coat and then just buff with a clean MF towel.

We also use Nano Shine Glaze regularly on our show cars as a quick gloss touch up while the cars are on display. It's fine to use this as often as you like, and it will keep your car looking freshly waxed all the time.

Hope that helps -- have fun detailing!

Meghan
08-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Can I just say I love the fast tech help Surf City is providing- takes some of the heat off me! :p
Thanks for helping the guys out so much!

Mike T
08-24-2007, 02:36 PM
What kinda durability could the user expect from each?

Surf_City_Garage_Tech
08-25-2007, 03:57 PM
What kinda durability could the user expect from each?

MikeT –

We formulated Nano Seal and Nano Glaze to be extremely durable under all conditions. No matter which car care products you use, the test of durability heavily depends on the environment that you use your car in. For example, severe weather conditions of any type are the true test of a product’s durability. We’re looking forward to your feedback. Thanks, Steven

orionz06
08-26-2007, 11:22 PM
your products will definitely see a western PA winter....on mine and a brand new vdub...

my original question was is there a multi coat benefit to the sealing process?

such as people doing multiple klasse or WG coats prior to the glaze?

i appreciate the quick replies

Surf_City_Garage_Tech
08-27-2007, 12:42 AM
your products will definitely see a western PA winter....on mine and a brand new vdub...

Orionz06 -- For Nano Seal, a single coat is all you need. For Nano Shine, the gloss will certainly benefit from additional coats in a harsh environment like Western PA. For other manufacturers, please check directly with them for their recommendations on their products. Thanks and good luck with your detailing.

Surf_City_Garage_Tech
08-27-2007, 12:44 AM

Orionz06 -- For Nano Seal, a single coat is all you need. For Nano Shine, the gloss will certainly benefit from additional coats in a harsh environment like Western PA. For other manufacturers, please check directly with them for their recommendations on their products. Thanks and good luck with your detailing.

Surf_City_Garage_Tech
08-27-2007, 12:48 AM
i have my swirl removal in check

what i am confused about is the surf city sealant and glaze....the glaze over the sealant.....

what about multiplt sealant coats? or glaze coats....im looking for max protection.....

will top with souveran now, collinite for winter over this prep....

any suggestions...non metallic white car (vw)

orionz06
08-27-2007, 07:04 AM
score, what i need to know....

cant wait for my $140 order to arrive....