PDA

View Full Version : Prep before Cquartz?

Bobbykart
02-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Pop Question, I am gonna try Cquartz on my DD, which is never garaged. After I wash, clay, IronX, how important is the IPA process or carpro eraser?

J Cole
02-09-2015, 01:27 AM
I haven't applied Cquartz to a vehicle that hasn't been prepped using carpro eraser so I can't comment as to whether it's any better compared to not using it.

Though, at the end of the day, if you're putting a coating on your vehicle that will last for more than a year why not take the last recommended step that takes almost no time at all compared to all of the prep beforehand?

EVOlved
02-09-2015, 02:37 AM
And your not polishing at all?

firecorgi
02-09-2015, 06:19 AM
And your not polishing at all?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+ 1. Be sure to inspect your surface thoroughly prior to coating application. You don't want to take the time to do all that work and then see any swirls and such underneath the coating.

If you are going to take the time to do a coating, like C Quartz, it's prudent to do a wiped own with ERASER or IPA. This is to ensure the removal of any material that will inhibit proper bonding between the car's surface and the CQuartz.

Hope this helps...

MarkD51
02-09-2015, 07:14 AM
What the folks have said above is wise, and they have given good advice.

In virtually all cases, a user commonly will prep the paint, polish to his/her best ability to perfect the finish, as the coating will lock in whatever is present on the paint for a long time.

As Corey from Carpro has once mentioned, and he should definitely know, is that Carpro Eraser was only designed to remove any possible oils from polishes used prior to coating.

That Carpro Eraser was not designed to remove any durable sealants, waxes, etc.

Thus, with that said, it will be wise to insure such is fully removed beforehand. This will insure proper bonding, less chance of any problems applying the coating, and one will get the longest durability from the coating.

It is assumed a polish, or another type of paint prep/cleaner lotion should then be used beforehand to remove any durable products previously used.

Bobbykart
02-09-2015, 05:12 PM
I forgot, yes I will polish, looks like eraser it is

firecorgi
02-09-2015, 05:14 PM
I forgot, yes I will polish, looks like eraser it is

Awesome! What polish are you looking to go with? Also are using CQUARTZ original or CQUARTZ UK?