PDA

View Full Version : Streaks with hydro2

jimbob
02-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Hi guys, I applied hydro2 on my black car on the weekend. Made the mistake of applying in sunlight and leaving it too long. Also, perhaps the wasn't diluted 1:3 exactly.

So now I'm left with some minor feint steaks on my car. As far as I can tell from searching through forums, the only way to remove them is from polishing.

My question is if I leave it, will it go away by itself? Or must I absolutely polish to get rid of it.

Rsurfer
02-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Hi guys, I applied hydro2 on my black car on the weekend. Made the mistake of applying in sunlight and leaving it too long. Also, perhaps the wasn't diluted 1:3 exactly.

So now I'm left with some minor feint steaks on my car. As far as I can tell from searching through forums, the only way to remove them is from polishing.

My question is if I leave it, will it go away by itself? Or must I absolutely polish to get rid of it.

If you leave it on long enough, it will wear away.

jimbob
02-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks!

conman1395
02-08-2015, 10:54 PM
There's an article on Detailed Image that talks about streaks and other issues that might arise while applying Hydro2.

jimbob
02-08-2015, 11:46 PM
Yes, I think I'm quite aware on what caused the streaks . In fact I was aware of these before my application and I've applied it one other time before to great results!!!

There was just less leeway and margin for error than I thought. That'll teach me....

Jaretr1
02-09-2015, 10:27 AM
I just applied Hyrdro2 to a black car this weekend and had no streaks. I sprayed on, hosed off right away. Did the entire car in 10 minutes. If there is an easier way to protect a car with a great shine I would love to hear about it!

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Next time, ensure proper dilution and remove quickly.

Have you tried wiping streaked areas with Eraser?

frankprozzoly
02-09-2015, 08:58 PM
I started using hydro 2. It is pretty cool and easy. I do the suggested one panel at a time. I'm no chemist. It's hard for me to understand the process. You'd think it'd just rinse off. The one question I have is about the cost. Do you think its worth the price to do your personal car solely using this? I'm thinking of using this exclusively for the time that's saved. I haven't used it long enough to know it's longevity

jimbob
02-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Next time, ensure proper dilution and remove quickly.

Have you tried wiping streaked areas with Eraser?

No I didn't think of it at the time. Prob too late now having already been a few days.

jimbob
02-09-2015, 09:37 PM
I started using hydro 2. It is pretty cool and easy. I do the suggested one panel at a time. I'm no chemist. It's hard for me to understand the process. You'd think it'd just rinse off. The one question I have is about the cost. Do you think its worth the price to do your personal car solely using this? I'm thinking of using this exclusively for the time that's saved. I haven't used it long enough to know it's longevity

From all accounts that I've read it lasts anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Pretty solid

Avi@CarPro
02-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Hi
please try not to seal under direct sunshine, specially if its black car. still, if it streaks after you take wet mf and wipe off after you see the streaks.
you can then spray some on the wet mf and on surface and apply again on the area.

other option while its fresh, spray some of the diluted hydro2 on wet mf and wipe off the streaks or haze you see, it will remove them,
then just rinse off.

I started using hydro 2. It is pretty cool and easy. I do the suggested one panel at a time. I'm no chemist. It's hard for me to understand the process. You'd think it'd just rinse off. The one question I have is about the cost. Do you think its worth the price to do your personal car solely using this? I'm thinking of using this exclusively for the time that's saved. I haven't used it long enough to know it's longevityYou can dilute the Hydro2 further more , in 1:3 its in its full power , i see guys doing 1:5 or even 1:10 and using it as QD . Hydro2 is very versatile solution to use.