PDA

View Full Version : Car Debate! HELP!!!

Pages : [1] 2

MoparAddict
08-23-2007, 10:09 PM
So right now i own a 04 saturn ion supercharged redline 5 sp with 44k. I work at a dealerhsip and yesterday we got in a 03 suby impreza auto wagon with 91k on it on a trade in. Iv always wanted a suby. I love this body style to more rounded. The body is very good condition and the interior is perfect. The guy was a total neat freak.
They said i can get a straight trade. Same payments prob owe a lil less then i do now and insurance is the same. So i need some info on subys. Are they reliable, how long do they last sense its already at 91k ect ect. What are your opinions? Get the suby,keep the saturn?
I love my saturn it loves to go fast but the suby is more practical for me for my side jobs. Tons of more room and better gas mileage. So any input or suggestions would much be appreciated. I have to make up my mind tonite so i can the paper work tomorrow. I also commute 80 miles a day so the miles will rack up quik.

Thanks in advance.
Trevor

Gary Sword
08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
How can a Mopar addict drive a Saturn. Don't you want a Chrylser product?

MoparAddict
08-23-2007, 10:18 PM
How can a Mopar addict drive a Saturn. Don't you want a Chrylser product?

I work for saturn so i got a good deal lol i wanted a fast car and the SRT4 are a lil to expensive for me

Thejoyofdriving
08-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Well all of my friends drive WRX subies, they are fast but they lack when it comes to interior quality, they suck. From a performance stand point they arent bad but they could use a stiffer suspention(if you are going to be doing more street driving/ track). I dont really like them, im more of a BMW guy best bang for the buck (all around)out of the box. Which subie were you planning on getting?

02CAMSS
08-23-2007, 10:26 PM
91K is alot of miles.you better think hard about this.

MoparAddict
08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Well all of my friends drive WRX subies, they are fast but they lack when it comes to interior quality, they suck. From a performance stand point they arent bad but they could use a stiffer suspention(if you are going to be doing more street driving/ track). I dont really like them, im more of a BMW guy best bang for the buck (all around)out of the box. Which subie were you planning on getting?

03 WRX Wagon Auto. Its not for racing or anything, just for a commuter.

MoparAddict
08-23-2007, 10:37 PM
91K is alot of miles.you better think hard about this.

Thats what scares me :confused:

Thejoyofdriving
08-23-2007, 10:38 PM
03 WRX Wagon Auto. Its not for racing or anything, just for a commuter.
My friend has a WRX wagon manual though. He lowered it and has a cold air intake, its faster than my 325ci once his turbo starts spooing. I understand you are not going to be racing, but dont you want a car that is fun to drive?

MoparAddict
08-23-2007, 10:41 PM
My friend has a WRX wagon manual though. I understand you are not going to be racing, but dont you want a car that is fun to drive?

of course lol i love driving my saturn. handles great, very fast. would smoke the suby but i just need some more pratical with more room. altho i did have fun driving the suby home from work. if it was a manual there wouldnt be a ? about it. i would buy it. i dont like the auto or the mileage? i just dont know how well they hold up when you start breakin a 100k.

02CAMSS
08-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Thats what scares me :confused:

In the near future it will start needing work and gremlins might start showing up.If I was you I would keep what I have or hold on until a better one with lower miles shows up.

MoparAddict
08-23-2007, 10:45 PM
In the near future it will start needing work and gremlins might start showing up.If I was you I would keep what I have or hold on until a better one with lower miles shows up.

i was kinda thinking of that. have them start looking at the auctions for me for a manual and lower miles.

02CAMSS
08-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Watch out!Hurricane Katrina cars are showing up at auctions now.

Thejoyofdriving
08-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Watch out!Hurricane Katrina cars are showing up at auctions now.
For quite a while now..... just check for rust and get the car checked out by a mechanic. And you can look your self at the fluids to see that they are at the proper levels, this can tell you a lot about if the car was mantained well. and of course get a carfax report. I would get a manual because you dont have to worry about the tranny braking on you at 100k. BMW auto trannies are notorious for braking under 100k. If you can get something around 50k.

MoparAddict
08-23-2007, 11:11 PM
For quite a while now..... just check for rust and get the car checked out by a mechanic. And you can look your self at the fluids to see that they are at the proper levels, this can tell you a lot about if the car was mantained well. and of course get a carfax report. I would get a manual because you dont have to worry about the tranny braking on you at 100k. BMW auto trannies are notorious for braking under 100k. If you can get something around 50k.

Think im going to go ahead and do that. Thanks for your guys help!!!

MoparAddict
08-24-2007, 11:19 PM
For some reason im still having a reallllly hard time deciding. I thought i made my mind up but i just love the suby. here are a few pics, i got over the mileage after talking to a few suby owners. they will go 300k with no problem if you take care of it which i would. the only thing holding me back now is that i dont like its a automatic. couple quik pics

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/trecrx/100_0610.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/trecrx/100_0609.jpg