PDA

View Full Version : Aquawax in low temperatures

hudson2302
02-07-2015, 11:25 PM
So it got above 35 today here...barely. So I decided it would be a good day to give my DD an ONR wash to make her pretty again before the next snowfall. As with all my ONR washes, after i wash the car with ONR i sprtiz some Aquawax and wipe it dry for a nice shine.......NOT today....
I discovered that when the temps are 35 or below aquawax streaks like crazy:wow:
Took me additional towels and another 45 min to get most of the streaks out....when it gets warmer, I'll rewash her again.
Live and learn.........

FUNX650
02-08-2015, 12:31 AM
•Thanks for posting this heads-up. :xyxthumbs:

•If I was going to do a rinseless-wash/Aquawax process,
(especially in less-than-ideal temperature ranges)...
-I'd go this route:
Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax, no rinse car wash, rinseless auto wash (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-rinseless-wash.html)

Bob

wdmaccord
02-08-2015, 01:24 AM
Even the DGRW can be tough to dry without streaking in colder temps. It does take an extra towel or two (than normal) to get it finished right. But it is better than BFRW in the cold (so maybe better than ONR also).

Also, when doing a DGRW sometimes I will use AW with my final dry (garry dean method). So I wash, damp dry, couple spritz of AW, then final dry. In this way it is more like a drying aid after a 2BM. This method might be better than drying the car completely, then going over it with the AW (probably not if you are using ONR though?).

SameGuy
02-08-2015, 01:50 AM
That's what I did last night in a 40° garage, just different products. There's no way the ONR and D114 were drying without the D156. I went through about twice as many Eagles as when it's 65° in the garage.

silverfox
02-08-2015, 07:07 PM
The only products I use under 40 degrees are Megs...D114/115. This after years of living in the NE.

JHL88
02-08-2015, 08:00 PM
The only products I use under 40 degrees are Megs...D114/115. This after years of living in the NE.

That's good to know something works in cold weather.

Definitely don't use WG detail spritz in that kind of temps. Holy crap.

Kamakaz1961
02-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the info! I think WE ALL can't wait for it to warm up!!