PDA

View Full Version : Switching from a PC to a Rupes 21

rlmccarty2000
02-07-2015, 08:51 PM
It is difficult to contain my excitement and trepidation! I just acquired a new (to me) Rupes 21. I've been using a PC and was trying to get a Flex 3401 at a reasonable price, but couldn't catch a break. I just scored a Bigfoot on ebay. Now I am nervous. I have a ton of Lake Country pads and I have read some posters that say they work ok and others that say different. Also, do I really need Rupes polishes? There was no place for me to test drive any polishers and was planning to get the Flex. Please give me some up to date info on using the Rupes 21. Thanks.Feed back please

custmsprty
02-07-2015, 09:52 PM
I have both the LC pads and Rupes pads. Been fine with using both. Rupes pads are definitely more hardy. I don't own any Rupes Polishes. Wolfgang, Menz, Blackfire. Have had excellent results.

haris300
02-07-2015, 10:00 PM
I use Lake Country flat foam, CCS, and Hydro Tech pads with my Rupes 21 all the time. Never tried Rupes polishes before but all my other products work well for me.

jarred767
02-07-2015, 10:04 PM
I use LC Flat, CCS, Meguiars new foam discs, and the MF discs. I got a 5" BP for my Rupes 21 (with the Kevin Brown Mod) and love the combo. To be honest, I've used my Rupes21 for almost two years now and have yet to use a Rupes pad or polish and had great results.

That new UHS system though is rather enticing.....

RPM_BR
02-08-2015, 06:51 AM
I use LC Flat, CCS, Meguiars new foam discs, and the MF discs. I got a 5" BP for my Rupes 21 (with the Kevin Brown Mod) and love the combo. To be honest, I've used my Rupes21 for almost two years now and have yet to use a Rupes pad or polish and had great results.

That new UHS system though is rather enticing.....

Same here, Rupes can go with any LC pads and MF pads. I even use my 21 with cheap Chinese mf pads that I bought by the dozen, still with great results. The Rupes with MF Rupes pads is a beast, but the mf Rupes foam is a bit hard, so watch out for the corners. And indeed, everyone who uses a Rupes salivates with the new UHS system, I will end up buying it the next 25% day off at AG.
I humbly think that if you do professional detailing, you can't survive without the 3401, you will need it both. There are times when the 8mm throw with forced rotation is better for correction than the 21mm throw.
Of course, the 21 with the Kevin mod, becomes a kinda forced rotation, but I also believe that the Rupes engineers left it this way because a 21 with forced throw would require very experienced hands to operate. Also, the 21 is hard to operate in small areas due to the larger throw.
It is like the 21 is a 4 cylinder with turbo boost, and the 3401 is a 6 cylinders without it. My two cents. :xyxthumbs:

rlmccarty2000
02-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Thanks, I too will get the UHS system. I almost hope it is too good to be true, I like trying other products! I'm glad I don't have to dump my LC pads. Where did you happen to get your MF pads from?