PDA

View Full Version : Road Salt

stateguy
02-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Can anyone tell me what they use to remove the salt from your vechile?
I used salt-away its more of a marine product. It claim not to remove wax. Not sure if it does have any effect on wax

wdmaccord
02-07-2015, 03:23 PM
I just go to the laserwash (touchless). I do a DG+AW rinseless (touchless wash first) when it's warm enough and finish with DGAW to re-up the sacrificial layer. Base LSP is Coll 845.

herrubi
02-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Lots of water for flushing first, then wash as usual. I've lived in the rust belt my whole life and it works for me.

Britsdaddy
02-08-2015, 06:53 AM
The coin op wash is also an option. Like the other two posters, I've done both depending on weather and time. As soon as it's warm enough, I'll get the hose out and start flushing everything out. Then I wash the vehicle a couple of time. Winter sucks. But start with good protection and you should be okay. I've used 845 over Powerlock for my winter package, and top off with OCW when I can after a rinseless

flatstick
02-08-2015, 08:49 AM
like others have said coin op or flush with water before your normal wash.

builthatch
02-08-2015, 12:17 PM
there is a recent thread on here about this and Whip's Salt Remover

it's a weak trisodium nitrilotriacetate solution. i just got in this week and did a test panel on my beater pathfinder - seemed to work on just a rinse.

i wanted to try it on my wife's Audi but time was running out and i wanted to do a full wash anyway so i didn't get to try it on there. that vehicle in particular, even though it's coated, holds onto a lot of lower panel road chemical (salt) grime that does not come off with rinsing.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/83964-there-salt-removal-chemical-winter-cleaning.html