PDA

View Full Version : Newbie w/New Black Wrangler

Shredmonster
02-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Have done car washes my whole life. So I have never hand polished any car I have had.
Time for me to learn.

I recently purchased a 2015 Jeep Wrangler - Black. So now I want to take care of it.

Just picked up some 303 Protectant for rubber, vinyl, bumpers and 303 Fabric Guard for the inside.

I picked the vehicle up a week ago.

What do you folks recommend I do initially ? It is winter here and I have washed it in touchless car washes twice so far.

Should I start by sealing it for the winter ?

whavens
02-05-2015, 02:01 PM
If it doesn't have too much salt and road grime, I would do a rinseless wash and then, if needed, I would clay all the paint. Once clean, I would look at the paint in direct sunlight, if possible, to make sure the finish isn't swirled. If it is swirled then polish it and seal it with sealant. If it isn't swirled or if you would rather wait until spring to correct the paint, then just seal it.

Junebug
02-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Wait, did you say you wash your Wrangler? The boys over on the Wrangler Forum just called 911!
There's lots of good products here and plenty of advice. I would give it a good wash by hand, and apply a wax/sealer - plenty to choose from and price doesn't always mean better.

Kamakaz1961
02-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Welcome to AGO! You will learn a lot from here. Look at the How-to section in AGO and they will give you a step by step.

Shredmonster
02-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Thanks everyone ! I know I am going to have to sort some of this stuff out because there are so many products and various methods of doing things.

PA DETAILER
02-06-2015, 07:22 AM
As a owner of 3 of them, 2 had interior water leaks, the TJ did not, i would...

1. Look to seal all of that exterior plastic with blackfire trim sealant or wolfgang trim sealant. Seal and done!
2. Not a lot of real estate, so i would coat the paint with one of the many coatings. Do the same with the glass and wheels.

Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html)

tigerwash
02-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Welcome to AGO! This forum is packed full of info, you will learn a lot here!

Shredmonster
02-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Am learning a ton ! Glad there is a forum for this .