PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning DA Pads on the Fly ??????

goldenlight
02-04-2015, 06:47 AM
So far been using Terry cloth towels. $12.00 seems a bit high for this product.

Thinking of buying something like this or using a similar brush.. Feed back pleasehttp://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2270_144252164

Mike Phillips
02-04-2015, 07:08 AM

Thinking of buying something like this or using a similar brush.. Feed back pleasehttp://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2270_144252164

That brush actually works great for cleaning pads. It's "stout" that is heavy duty as in both the handles and the bristles. It actually works great.

I remember when this brush was first introduced back in either the late 1990's or early into the 2000's the retail prices was either $30.00 or $35.00 so at $12.00 I'd say if you buff cars using foam or microfiber pads it's a tool that will get the job done better than a toothbrush, look professional in your tool arsenal and insure that you're working clean.

Once you use it a few times to clean pads I'm pretty confident you'll appreciate the tool and you'll forget about the price.

:)

lawrenceSA
02-04-2015, 07:10 AM
This is the same brush I use and have no complaints with it :dblthumb2:

fotomatt1
02-04-2015, 07:22 AM
I have one of these brushes and my question is about the correct method for cleaning pads with it. Do I simply spin the pad on the machine and hold the brush stationary on the pad? Can I then go back to using that pad right away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ski2
02-04-2015, 07:46 AM

Thinking of buying something like this or using a similar brush.. Feed back please
I've been using a Denture Brush that I picked up at the Dollar Store for 4 years now and it works great and doesn't damage pads. The Denture brush has much firmer bristles and handle than a regular toothbrush.

java
02-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Is this brush to stiff, that it could damage foam pads or take little foam specs out?

dlc95
02-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Is this brush to stiff, that it could damage foam pads or take little foam specs out?

It could, but just like anything else, it's all in how you use it.

I keep the machine on a lower speed setting, and let the bristles of the brush "graze" the pad until all the residue is agitated out of the foam.

Also, if the foam is saturated in any way, I use Mike's method for pad cleaning using a Terry cloth towel to soak up excess liquid in the pad.

dlc95
02-04-2015, 08:34 AM
I have one of these brushes and my question is about the correct method for cleaning pads with it. Do I simply spin the pad on the machine and hold the brush stationary on the pad? Can I then go back to using that pad right away?

That's about it.

Except, you would want to move the brush around the face of the pad, as it spins, to ensure that the entire face of the pad has been covered by the brush.

For example, if you were only to run the brush along the outside edge or the innermost portion, the pad will still need treatment on the areas you didn't hit with the brush.

fotomatt1
02-04-2015, 01:21 PM
That's about it.

Except, you would want to move the brush around the face of the pad, as it spins, to ensure that the entire face of the pad has been covered by the brush.

For example, if you were only to run the brush along the outside edge or the innermost portion, the pad will still need treatment on the areas you didn't hit with the brush.

I kind of figured I'd move it from the inside to the outside of the pad as it spins. Sorry for not mentioning that. My question was really about using it again right away. Should I use Xmt pad cleaner, or just the brush on its own...or water?

dlc95
02-04-2015, 01:31 PM
I kind of figured I'd move it from the inside to the outside of the pad as it spins. Sorry for not mentioning that. My question was really about using it again right away. Should I use Xmt pad cleaner, or just the brush on its own...or water?

I use mine right away, if I'm just cleaning excess residue out of it.

I only use water/pad cleaner when the job is done.

With a professional pad cleaning bucket, you can wash and dry, and get back to work again.