PDA

View Full Version : Help with AIO products

Producerulez
02-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Interested in Uber AIO or I see there is new Menzerna 3 in 1
Using on my daily, outside 24/7. What pad recommendations, how many, and a extra just sealant when done? Or wax. Never used one but want a easy product. And I own the flex 3401
:confused:

dlc95
02-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Check this out.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/81546-how-choose-one-step-cleaner-wax.html

van185
02-02-2015, 07:31 PM
I have not tried either of the AIO that you are asking about. I use Megs 151 and XTM360. I normally use a white pad on about 4 1/2 with the Flex. I will top it off with either a Sealant of Wax. If you use a Sealant you can top it with a wax if you don't like the outcome. For a sealant I use Menzerna, which is my favorite sealant. For a final wax I normally go with Poorboys Nattys or Backfire Midnight Sun. All leave an excellent finish. For the best finish I would clay the paint before the AIO. It makes a big difference. I have just used the AIO and not topped it with anything after, but a coat of Sealant or wax will normally make it last longer.

Dereksdtail
02-02-2015, 08:00 PM
I've used blackfire total polish and seal and d151 with LC ccs white pads and orange pads with awesome results. Blackfire finishes out real nice. I'm guessing the wolfgang and menzerna are amazing like the rest of their products

KBsToy
02-03-2015, 05:47 AM
I have used XMT, Optimum GPS. I use the 5.5 MF pads on my Griots. Having OCD I just got the new Menzerna AIO but will have to wait for warmer here in the Burgh to try it out.

flatstick
02-03-2015, 08:41 AM
I have used the uber aio and it is impressive. waited for the uber to cure and topped it with wolfgang deep gloss spray sealant. easy to use both and easy to maintain if that is what you are looking for . have not used the menzerna but they always turn out great products. either one should work fine for you just follow the steps for prep. what is nice about a spray sealant as a topper is you can apply after you wash in a few minutes.

Desertnate
02-03-2015, 08:57 AM
If you are topping an AIO with a sealant, doesn't that defeat the purpose of using an AIO? I thought they were designed so a user could hit the car once and then walk away.

If you're going to be doing two steps anyway, I'd think someone would be better off using a polish and then applying the sealant.

FUNX650
02-03-2015, 10:12 AM
If you are topping an AIO with a sealant, doesn't that defeat the purpose of using an AIO? I thought they were designed so a user could hit the car once and then walk away.

If you're going to be doing two steps anyway, I'd think someone would be better off using a polish and then applying the sealant.
^^^ :props: ^^^

Probably time for a new Detailing products "category"?
How about:
AIT/T...All-In-Two/Three :)

Bob

flatstick
02-03-2015, 02:56 PM

the op asked for experience with Uber and I gave it to them. the op also asked if you could use an extra sealant on top and I told them it can be done if they want to. by using a spray sealant on a daily driver for maintenance, the op can extend time between details and offer more protection, if that is what they wish. using a spray sealant after a wash, only takes minutes which is very easy to do . for my purpose using the sealant on top of the top of uber was an experiment to see how they interact so i can offer this sealant as an option for a customer if they want to use it for maintenance purposes after they wash it.

Wendell Jarvis
02-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Menz 3 in 1