PDA

View Full Version : under bra yuck..... where should I start ?

daveCFPrez
08-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Just purchased a new used car. This car had a bra on the front, and of course I've removed it. There seems to be misc. debris that won't wash off, and I have no clue on where to start to try and remove this stuff....

I doubt a claybar will work.... Bug and tar remover?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !!

dave

ltoman
08-23-2007, 07:58 PM
take off the bra. rofl hee hee hee

(they ruin paint!)

budman3
08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
It depends on what the 'junk' is... I'd try the clay first. If that doesn't work you could bump up to a paint cleaner or the bug and tar remover. If that doesn't work, you could try mineral spirits or laquer thinner (just be careful :)).

Thejoyofdriving
08-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Just purchased a new used car. This car had a bra on the front, and of course I've removed it. There seems to be misc. debris that won't wash off, and I have no clue on where to start to try and remove this stuff....

I doubt a claybar will work.... Bug and tar remover?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !!

dave

Tarminator maybe...

ltoman
08-23-2007, 08:10 PM

(they ruin paint!)

everyone lose their sense of humor? oh well, guess I have turned into a teenage boy after all these years.

good luck with it. someone will pop in who knows. high end detail might be one to ask.

Gary Sword
08-23-2007, 08:22 PM

You first Lauren ;)

ltoman
08-23-2007, 08:30 PM
You first Lauren ;)
Gee gary, i don't think I want to see you without your bra! RPFLMAO....definitely not!

As for me, mine is off now....:D :D

And there is nothing yucky in or under it, but lace......

Gary Sword
08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Gee gary, i don't think I want to see you without your bra! RPFLMAO....definitely not!

As for me, mine is off now....:D :D

And there is nothing yucky in or under it, but lace......

I use to have a Bra for my 81 Corvette but now both the car and the bra are gone. :p I gave up Bras after that. I think they do more harm then good. I also perfer the bra less look. ;)

Gary Sword
08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Sorry to get off topic daveCFPrez. It's hard to say especially without seeing any pictures. It probably has etched in dirt. I would start with the least appressive approch. You could try starting out with a paint cleaner and move up to various degrees of more aggressive polished until you you get the paint clean.