PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon

Darkoverlift
02-01-2015, 09:01 PM
So many out there, Autogeek, Chemical Guys, Gilmore. I am looking for honest opinions on ones you have used. I have watched the videos, read opinions I just dont want to over spend or under spend and get a cheap plastic thing.

CaveRacing
02-01-2015, 09:16 PM
I have the MTM Hydro specifically for electric pressure washers. The model number is 14.0349. This is the only one I've owned, although I have used the one made for gas pressure washers (but on an electric).

I have it mated to a 1500psi 1.3gpm unit.

I like it a lot!

Goin Rogue
02-01-2015, 09:24 PM
I have a Sun Joe pressure washer and the Autogeek foam cannon. They work great together.

Darkoverlift
02-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Forgot to mention... non pressure washer versions...

CaveRacing
02-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Oh. Then you're not looking at foam cannons. You're looking at foam GUNS.

VISITOR
02-01-2015, 09:57 PM
the foam guns that AG carries are made buy Gilmour. buy the one with the brass lever/pin which has multiple dilutions ratios....

RWalleyTX
02-01-2015, 10:57 PM
I ordered the foam gun vs cannon just so I don't have to roll out the pressure washer for 5 min of whipped cream foam play time , fight with the hose, make lots of noise, and have to roll that sucker back in when I'm done. The foam gun pretty much does the same thing just not as much foam. Its easy to hook up easy to take off. Get the autogeek gun..the quality is there. This is just my opinion.

FUNX650
02-01-2015, 11:57 PM
"Foaming a vehicle": Does it have merit?

IMHO:
1.) Even with this extra step...you'll still need
to perform, at the very least, "a 2-bucket wash".

2.) Plaything? Yes.

3.) Added value? None.

Bob

VISITOR
02-02-2015, 12:10 AM
I ordered the foam gun vs cannon just so I don't have to roll out the pressure washer for 5 min of whipped cream foam play time , fight with the hose, make lots of noise, and have to roll that sucker back in when I'm done. The foam gun pretty much does the same thing just not as much foam. Its easy to hook up easy to take off. Get the autogeek gun..the quality is there. This is just my opinion.

today I used my foam gun and my car wasn't to dirty so I didn't bother pre-soaking it but rather blast off as much dirt off as possible before washing. I only used one rinse bucket and used the foam gun (with 3 ounces of 3D Pink Soap) while I sprayed each panel and followed up with the wash media (doing it this way will keep a steady layer of soap solution as you wipe) to dis-lodge/release dirt as I go (I also turn down the shut-off valve so it's not spraying water/soap solution with a strong stream). then just either pull the pin in and blast with plain water or release the foam gun from the pistol and spray off the soap. been doing it this way for years and this is why I like the foam gun and not use it only for one purpose as many do as a pre-soak only which doesn't utilize the tool to it's full potential....