PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning rotary pads with Simple Green?

excelon
01-31-2015, 11:44 PM
What do you guys think about cleaning rotary and DA pads with Simple Green?

808_detail_nut
02-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Use dawn and water. I rinse it with dawn and water then throw it in the washing machine on delicate with dawn or clear laundry soap. Then air dry and never had a issue. I just made a pad washer so I won't be doing that as much but to me it seems safer. Then again I may be wrong. Just passing what I do.

tedj101
02-01-2015, 06:44 AM
I agree on using Dawn. I use Dawn Platinum on pads. Works well and you can rinse it out reasonably easily.

Simple green requires an incredible amount of rinsing to get it out of a microfiber towel so I assume it would be even worse on pads. YMMV...

excelon
02-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the input. I'm going to try it out today.

tuscarora dave
02-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Simple Green is a pretty strong cleaner with a very long lasting fragrance. It will no doubt clean your pads in a hurry. You'll definitely want to glove up before getting Simple Green on your skin (any chemical actually) because it'll likely begin immediately attacking your skin turning your hands slimy.

As outlined above, I might be concerned about rinse-ability and who knows if it's actually the cleaner's active ingredient or just the smell of the fragrance that stays behind. My testing mind would clean all but one pad with the dish soap and clean one particular pad with the Simple Green over and over and record the data to post my findings or just to know for personal and money (time) saving purposes.

I want to know the capabilities and limits of everything.

That's just how I think though.

excelon
02-01-2015, 07:57 PM
The dawn platinum worked really well. Thanks for the advice.

I polished for 5 hours today and cleaned multiple pads with out a problem.

+1 for dawn!