PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please talk me out of buying another black car!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nomadsto
01-31-2015, 06:59 PM
A year ago I swore to myself never again! But sometimes i'm looking around at new cars and I catch myself saying.....maybe this time it'll be different. I swear it's like tryin' to leave a woman you know is no good for you, but just keep coming back for more abuse!

Bill1234
01-31-2015, 07:04 PM
A year ago I swore to myself never again! But sometimes i'm looking around at new cars and I catch myself saying.....maybe this time it'll be different. I swear it's like tryin' to leave a woman you know is no good for you, but just keep coming back for more abuse!

cant talk you out myself, I can talk you in though. I started at about 15 doing care on a black car. It was hard to figure out, but looks great when cared for. I prefer black actually. All you got to do is do the same you would for any color really. Then be a bit more careful when waxing and washing.

brettS4
01-31-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm the opposite. I would actually look for a black car. They're both sophisticated and aggressive looking.

After owning one for 13 years, I've become accustomed to the maintenance. And no car looks as good as a freshly detailed black one. For a week or so.

Kamakaz1961
01-31-2015, 07:13 PM

Sorry can't talk you out of this one. I have owned black cars/suvs MOST of my life. IMO, Black is the BEST looking color on any vehicle.

I know it is the hardest to take care of, gets dirty real quick, and if you do not take care of it; you can tell.

But since I love detailing my ride that is a NON-Issue. I remember buying a Scion tC when they just came out. It was a Maroon with metallic....I do not remember the color name. I got rid of it after 6 months for a Metallic Black Honda Civic Si. I got rid of the Civic Si 6 months later because of a G35 that was just BLACK (Obsidian Black). Even though I liked the Civic Si...I liked the G35 better and the color Black...no metallic in the paint at all.

Since then I get Black cars only.....I must be nuts or on crack but like I said....I think Black is the best color on a vehicle.

So get that car in BLACK!!! You can't leave that woman!!....LOL

LRC3
01-31-2015, 07:14 PM
Only way I'd own another black vehical is if it was given to me..... And you can take that to the bank!!!

Nomadsto
01-31-2015, 07:53 PM
Haha so far only Lrc3 seems to feel my pain. I think the problem is i've also got a white car! She's so well behaved and easy to get along with she makes the black sheep look bad.

Nomadsto
01-31-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm the opposite. I would actually look for a black car. They're both sophisticated and aggressive looking.

After owning one for 13 years, I've become accustomed to the maintenance. And no car looks as good as a freshly detailed black one. For a week or so.

A week?! your being sooo generous LOL. It's truly not the washing or even the polishing I actually really enjoy those. My eye is just to sensitive now I see every little scratch, and they MOCK ME!

exploreco
01-31-2015, 07:58 PM
Lol, this is so true. We bought my wife a black car this spring new. Wasn't our first choice. After a couple of weeks I said never again. That is what got me to the detailing sites for proper care and maintenance. Now I have been eyeballing new trucks for my self and what am I looking at. The dark colors or do I dare say black lol. But i love it now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
01-31-2015, 09:23 PM
I just got rid of my Black 370z and now have a Red one and I am soooo happy. I loved the black when it was clean, usually 5 minutes. Now all I have to take care of is the black top, which for some reason seems to stay much cleaner than the old black car. Go with white, it just turns brown.

FUNX650
01-31-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: The "Beauty" of Black Vehicles...
Visionary; or Illusionary?

If I'm to remember correctly:

Not too ago...
while traipsing along in my nightmarish state of mind
(no doubt brought upon from the last dosage of Timolol)...
I saw what at first I thought was a rather non-descript black car pull up to the curb, close to the intersection where I was attempting "to cross over".

However:
Upon closer inspection it turned out to be the classic 'hood-auto...beloved of terrorists, pimps, and dictators.

"Dreams", sometimes, do come true!?!?

Bob

JMP
01-31-2015, 10:03 PM
Hey Bob.....you OK? That said..."once you go black...you never go back"....old, but could not help!

FUNX650
01-31-2015, 10:19 PM
Hey Bob.....you OK?

Melanophobia

Source:
Dr. Bernstein, MD.; "Research Director":
Cleveland Clinic's Wellness Institute

Bob

Munich77
01-31-2015, 11:31 PM
go grey, silver or white - my silver car is filthy as heck and from a far still looks clean.

AllenK
02-01-2015, 12:30 AM
My wife has a coworker who is pregnant. The young lady has a Camaro SS,and my wife wonders if she and her husband will get something more "mommy" when the baby comes.

The only catch is that the car is black including the wheels. I have never owned a black car,but boy that is one sharp car. I know it is a PITA to keep clean. I think the car is an automatic so that may save me from having to take it off their hands. I prefer to row my own!

BillE
02-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Three things about black...

1) A bear to keep looking good for more than 24 hours.

2) Ridiculously hot in the summer sun.

3) Easy to find in a snow covered parking lot.

Never again...

Bill